Returning home.

At 6 o'clock, the night retreated and the early sun rose, breathing life into the sky. Under the covers was a petite little lady with long black hair spread out on the pillows. She stirred awake, immediately sitting straight. A yawn left her lips with delicate arms outstretched.

"Good morning sun..."

❝And good morning to you, Sakurako!❞ exclaimed a flying pink ball of light. It was her Sweets Spirit, Strawberry. ❝How did you sleep?❞

"Good morning, Strawberry. I slept well, thanks for asking."

After a warm shower, she donned her uniform and headed downstairs for the kitchen.

"What's for breakfast, Sakurako?" asked Strawberry.

"A blackberry and raspberry clafouti."

"Ooh, that sounds delightful. I'll help too!"

Sakurako always found Strawberry's enthusiasm contagious and it brought her back to the day they met.

- flashback -

Beads of sweat dripped off of Sakurako's pale skin as she diligently practiced by her lonesome in the cooking room. The first day was grueling and the standards her teachers and peers held her up to was harsh. Henri Lucas, great-grandson of the academy's founder, gave her a letter of recommendation. He was a beacon of hope, allowing her to chase her dreams of becoming a pâtissiére like her grandmother. Resigning was never an option to her. Sakurako would do whatever it took to claw her way up to the academy's highest ranks.

Not good enough! Argh, this is unacceptable! Sensei, tou-sama, kaa-sama, and baa-sama put all their faith on me. I refuse to let them down!

A hand instinctively flew up to her face to wipe away the tears that managed to escape. She didn't want to admit it, but she exhausted most of her body's energy. She plopped herself down on a stool and did some breathing exercises taught by her mother. The portrait of the fabled Sweets Spirits Queen came into her view as she lifted her head back up.

"Queen-sama" she pleaded, eyes closed and hands clasped. "I must fulfill my dream of becoming a master pâtissière like baa-sama. I want to make the world a little happier with everything I create too. So please... Please lend me your strength!"

"Is that truly what you desire?" asked a feminine voice out of nowhere. She didn't question it.

"I wish for it with all my heart and soul."

"...Very well. You shall have your wish."

All of a sudden, the Queen's spoon in the painting glowed before emitting a bright white light. Sakurako shielded her eyes with a hand.

Once the light dissipated, a tiny glowing pink orb appeared and landed in the palm of her outstretched hand. She wore an adorable pink gown with strawberry designed shoes and her long pink hair tied into two buns. What caught her attention the most were her wings, her large green eyes, and the golden fork she held.

"Hello, hello! My name is Strawberry, your new Sweets Spirit!" She curtsied elegantly. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Sakurako shook her tiny hand with a pinky finger, taken aback the spirit also knew Japanese.

"The pleasure is all mine, Strawberry. My name is Honoka Sakurako, but my first name is-"

"No need to explain. We already know the custom."

"Ah, okay. Then, let's do our best together."

"Yeah!"

Thank you, Strawberry.