A misunderstood dream.

So this is the Japanese branch of Salon de Marie. It's smaller than its counterpart, but the sweets must still taste delicious.

The high school student council ran the Salon de Marie, although Sakurako was clearly an exception back in France, and its sweets made by exceptionally talented students.

The entirety of Group A was there at her request. They ordered their favourites and some new sweets as well.

"You're going to evaluate them Sakura-san?" asked Andou.

She nodded. "Mm! I'm excited to be here for the first time."

First came a colourful glistening fruit tart. "This looks promising." She took a small bite of it and a smile broke out on her face. "Splendid! The fruit was marinated in light honey to give them that wonderful shimmer. Lemon curd was added to counteract its sweetness. Perhaps I'll accept Tennouji-san's offer and work here for a little bit."

Mari Tennouji was her counterpart here, nearly on par with her skills, and one of her fiercest rivals, although Sakurako didn't view her as one.

"Speaking of, my family owns a confectionery and I regularly help out on the weekends. If you don't mind, we could use the extra help." said Andou.

"Alright then!"

On the weekend at Yume Tsuki, she helped wait tables as there were already many helping hands in the kitchen.

"I appreciate you coming by to help today, Sakura-san." Andou handed her another serving of sweets when a small hand tugged at her uniform. It was Andou's little sister, Chiho.

"Onee-tan, come play with me!"

She was reminded of the days when she and her younger sister were children. Shion was very energetic and constantly asked to play with her when she was available.

"Sure!" she replied with a gentle smile. "But I have to finish working first, okay? How does that sound?"

Chiho seemed pleased with the answer and let her be, but then Andou's twin baby brothers began climbing on her uniform.

"Hey Meri, Momoe." Andou came to take his baby brothers off of her. "You have to behave." He looked at Sakurako with an apologetic expression. "Sorry about that, Sakura-san."

"It's quite alright."

"Why don't you two play at the back of the house with Chiho?" He carried the babies away.

"Geez, those kids..." said Kashino from behind her.

"You know them?"

"Yes, Kashino and I have been best friends since childhood." Andou replied after coming back inside.

...Having childhood friends must be nice.

There was no denying Sakurako was a tad bitter about it. She was born an outcast and remained that way her childhood up until Shion was born. Her classmates treated her differently because of the mere fact that she was adopted. Only a few remained friends with her, but as she grew older and her skills shone brighter, every single one of them disappeared from her life without so much as a "goodbye". She never heard from them again...

"It's such a big family." Strawberry remarked. Her dress was changed to mirror Sakurako's Yume Tsuki uniform. "It's a rare scene in the Sweets Kingdom."

"I hear he has another little brother too."

"Hey, Tryhard." She turned to see the mentioned sibling. By the name, she assumed he was addressing her. Sliding out of her slippers, she approached him.