Chapter One: Early Morning

My alarm goes off. I have an hour to get dressed and be ready. Plenty of time. I grab a classic dress shirt, a black blazer, black slacks and a blue bow tie from my closet. I wear very similar clothes everyday. Order, everything must have order.
I tie my bow tie and spend an extra five minutes on making sure its tied straight, it cannot be crooked.
I have to be on time for the bus. I grab my lunch pale and my messenger bag that serves its purpose of a book bag.
I smooth the materials of my blazer down. I tap my toes to an invisible beat. Its alright, its just the bus. Besides Patrick two more weeks and your off the bus, you should have you license by then. I not you, I tell myself. Patrick their is only one you, only one you. Start acting on that. I poke at my skull.
I look around. I'm sure there's school today. Yeah it's Monday, no delays or cancellations. I'm safe. Just a little early, that's all; completely normal.
I pace a little and take note of the sudden increase of students in the past few minutes, a girl by the name Jessica walks up and says, "Hello, Patrick."
I say, "H-h-hi, Jess-Jessica."
"How are you?"
"I-I-I'm well. Y-you?"
"I'm alright. How's your family, Chad adjusting?"
"They're all-alri-right. Heee is f-fine. I-I-I doo be-believ-ve."
Jessica is the closest I've got to a friend. I like her alright, I guess. She eats lunch with me and sits in the seat beside me on the bus and tries to hold conversations with me. I don't know what I'm going to do when she graduates this year. I'm sure she'll still talk to me, but then again why bother. I'm not that good to talk to.
The bus stops and I sit in the first seat, its always completely empty. I let Jessica get in then I slide in beside her. Sharing the seat but not touching. She's used to this, we've been doing this since we rode the same bus when we were little, we only stopped two years because I wasn't in the right grade to go to the high school.
The whole ride there I hold my bag to my chest and do not let my feet go into the aisle. Everything must have order, I must keep order.
I get off the bus first so that I will not be involved in the chaos that involves getting off the bus, I refuse to take part in that.