Chapter Four: Therapy, You Were Never A Friend Of Me

I walk to my mom's car, it's a black Honda Prius. She always picks me up. I never have to ride the bus home, which is a good thing saying that I hate the buses.
I get in the front seat and I'm a bit more comfortable with just my mom and my little sister, Blaire.
I ask, "Where to n-n-now?"
She says, "Home."
That means I'm home for about an hour then its time to  leave, again.

An Hour Later

I get my shoes on.
I scream, "Mom, it-it's time to go."
She doesn't argue. She just says, "Blaire, Patrick and I are leaving. Watch out. We'll be back when he's done."
We get to the place I need to be to see the psychologist.
We get there. We're there early but we're an hour early. No this is too early.
I grab the sketch pad out of my bag and start sketching. I realize I'm sketching the boy who is sitting across from me.
I say, "E-excu-cusse me."
He asks, "Me?"
I nod. He asks, "What do you want?"
I turn the sketch pad around.
I ask, "I-I-I-I ac-cci-i-dently started t-too-oo dr-draw you is th-th-at al-alright?"
"Of course. I mean I would love to have the finished and signed copy of it because as of today you are the first person to notice me without really realizing you are. I'm Pete. You are??"
"Pa-a-trick. But i-i-if you'd li-like you can ca-call me Trick."
"Well hello Trick its nice to meet you. Why do you come here?"
"Se-ever An-anxie-iety. You?"
"The lovely people at the mental health hospital thought I need to be kept up on after I tried to kill myself last spring and I've been coming here ever since."
"Do you go to school wi-with me?"
"I'm home-schooled because I was bullied."
"Do you want to be my fri-friend?"
"Yeah. Take as much time you need to be completely comfortable with me."
The nurse person says, "Peter Wentz come on over here."
Pete says, "Well that's my cue. I gotta go. Here's my number text me. Later."
I say, "Later Pete."