10. Final night

Matt had meant to avoid alcohol as much as possible, but he'd had at least a couple more than he intended to just because he was so frustrated with the events of the party. He was also frustrated with himself: why on earth was he letting this girl get to him?

It had irked him in a quite an alarming way to see other men flirt with her. It wasn't as though he was ever going to see her again after tomorrow, so why should he care?

The only thing that had made it bearable, watching some of his teammates chatting her up, was knowing that he was going to be the one spending the night with her.

He finally saw her slip away. From then on he just felt like he was counting down the minutes until he could get away himself and join her.

Most of the other party goers were too merry with drink and celebration to notice Matt's own mood. He could quite rightfully claim exhaustion, and as captain he wasn't expected to party to the bitter end. The opposite in fact.

Letting a couple of people know he was turning in for the night - in case someone went looking for him - he exited the party and caught the lift to Cara's floor.

She opened the door to him, still in the slinky blue dress. It simultaneously made him want to rip it off her so he could finally devour the tanned curves beneath, to have them all for himself, and it also enraged him because he recalled the other men's reactions to her in it.

Cara saw the dark expression on his face though she didn't fully understand it. It was as though a storm was passing over him, a black mood.

There was no gentleness now, no slow seduction.

He took a step towards her.

"I want to fuck you senseless."

Then his hands were gripping her shoulders, so hard she could feel it would leave marks on her skin, and his mouth came hard down on hers. He was crushing her, punishing her for his own frustrations and inner conflict.

Her first reaction was a surge of desire at his touch and the taste and smell of him: cologne, sweat, cigarette smoke from the bar, a trace of alcohol on his breath. Raw, utterly male.

Even as her body reacted to him her mind was confused, and she tried to wrest herself from his grasp.

As she struggled, Matt cupped a hand over her buttocks and brought her firmly against him, forcing his legs between hers so she was pressed against him. She could feel his hardness though his clothes.

Cara wanted him badly but why did he seem so angry?

He pushed her against the wall, pinning her against it with his body.

"I need this from you, I've needed it all damn night."

He kissed her down her neck, hard, biting her skin. She felt the cold, solid surface of the wall behind her. Cool against her back, where the bare skin of her shoulders was pressed against it.

Then the heat of his mouth on her chest. The heat of his hands, moulding her to him.

He seemed to want to consume her.

Then he picked her up and threw her on the bed, ripping off his own shirt as he did so.

He peeled her dress down - she was bra-less beneath it - and his hands and mouth went over her breasts. She felt like his plaything but she arched her back into his grasp, wanting to deepen the sensation as he played with her nipples.

Matt tugged the dress fully off her. Even more roughly he pulled her underwear down.

Then she heard him pull the rest of his clothes off, the clink of his belt as it slipped to the floor.