11. Parting

Cara woke up in Matt's arms the next morning for the final time.

He was already awake, watching her. "Good morning." Then he kissed her, and made love to her slowly and languidly. For once they actually had some time, as she didn't need to leave the hotel until mid-morning and his flight was later in the afternoon.

"I'm going to miss this," he told her. "It will be your fault if my game suffers."

Cara laughed. "Are you superstitious?"

"No. But you've been good for me."

Good for more than just his game though. For his peace of mind. For his happiness.

Cara didn't believe him about his game. After all he was a professional sportsman. But it was nice that he said it.

He showered with her. She loved the feel of his hands over her body, underneath the running water. They only kissed this time but it felt perfect.

She tried to commit his body to memory. She closed her eyes, trying to remember the shape and feel of his chest, arms and shoulders with her hands.

Matt turned her round to face the shower wall and ran his fingers over her shoulder blades and down her back. He cupped her buttocks, massaging them with his thumbs. He had such strong, firm hands.

Cara could feel the effect he was already having on her body, yet again.

"One more time. Then I'll let you go, I promise," he said.

"I'll miss my flight."

"You won't. I'll drive you to the airport myself if you need."

She relaxed, and let him work her legs apart. It was strange not facing him, trusting him. His hands came around her front, over her lower stomach, and she arched her back. It pushed her rear back against his groin.

Then his hands slid down and he managed to position himself between her legs, Parting them slightly he thrust forwards and upwards.

They were joined. It was the most incredible feeling. Matt rocked in and out of her, savouring the way she felt.

But he needed to get them both there quickly, so his hand slipped to her front, his finger circling directly around her nub.

"You know that I'd want to go all day if I could," he told her.

The double stimulation of having him inside her and pressing her so directly in front as well was bringing Cara to the edge very quickly. It was making her writhe against Matt, which in turn was taking him to the point of losing it.

She was such a perfect fit. So tight, so sweet, so perfectly matching his rhythm.

He loved it when she came, knowing that he was the one able to give her such pleasure. It wasn't something he had thought about much before. Of course he wanted to satisfy his partners, but with Cara it was something else. He wanted to be generous.

When she came, almost losing her balance from the force of it, he felt a surge of tenderness. Her orgasms always triggered his as her contractions rippled over him.

Then as they eased apart the shower washed everything away. He wanted to just hold her there a while longer, with the water falling on them like hot rain.

He turned her back to him and kissed her, his tongue sliding inside her mouth, water running down their faces. She clung to him for a moment and then they both had to get ready for their respective days.

"I hope it goes well. The rest of the series," Cara said as they dried themselves off with the hotel towels. She meant him, of course. She would be happy if England won, for his sake, but it didn't really matter to her either way so long as Matt did okay.

"So long as the boys keep it together, we'll be fine." And if he did, of course. He had been seriously distracted this week but it hadn't done him any harm. There was nearly a week between this test finishing and the next starting. Such a waste that his distractions couldn't continue...

Cara had done most of her packing the previous evening before the party. She only had to pull on jeans and a comfortable top for travelling. It was a long journey to the airport and then twelve hours in the air. She wasn't looking forward to it.

Matt wanted to help take her suitcase downstairs, but they still had to be discreet. So she called a porter and Matt hid out of sight until he had gone.

"I really wish you were coming on the rest of the tour," he said.

The sincerity in his eyes made her wish she could manage it somehow, but it wasn't possible with her studies. And the risk of them being caught would simply escalate.

He kissed her. For the last time, before she left him. "I will call you when I'm back in England. I promise. I meant what I said last night, I want to see you again."

Cara's heart fluttered with hope but at the back of her mind she knew that people said these things and didn't follow through. He had nearly a month left on tour, anything could happen. He also had a girlfriend waiting for him back home.

So she smiled, and kissed him back one final time and went. She knew she would be a blur of tears once her taxi left the hotel, but for now she would maintain her self control.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For your convenience, you can click the [External Link] button below right to return to chapter 11 of Man of the Match