Now

Derek Hale

"Derek Seth Hale! Put me down!"
I laughed as I spun Primrose McCall around. She was my only real true friend, and the only one outside the family who knows we are werewolves. I continued to chuckle as I gently put her on the ground, as soon as her feet where planted firmly on the ground she pulled herself out of my protective grip and turned to face me. Prim's eyes locked on my own and for a second we just stood there, just staring at each other before the spell was broken.
"Are you ever going to stop?" It took me a second to realise she was talking about when I spun her around.
"No." I said shaking my head, I adjusted mine and Prim's backpack that where both on my back. The movement wasn't missed by Prim.
"Need help?" She asked, I raised an eyebrow and flashed my Amber wolf eyes at her. She rolled her green eyes and shook her head at my action.
"Ok wolf boy, let's just get to school on time." She said I nodded wrapping my arm around her shoulder and pulling her along with me.

I smiled at Prim as we walked down the hallway of the Beacon Hills High School. Even though Prim was thirteen and a year younger than the age kids normally started High School, she was put up a grade because she was so smart. I took her timetable and locker number before I tracked her locker down, I watched as she put her books that she didn't need for the day into her locker. I gave her a grin when she shut her locker and looked at me, I was leaning against the locker beside hers.
"Come on, I'll walk you to class." I told her, Prim nodded and looked around the hallway trying to take everything in as I pulled her to her first class. When we got to the class door I handed Prim her bag and squeezed her hand.
"If you need me then just call, and I'll be there as soon as I can." I whispered in her ear before I pulled away, my eyes searching her face before she nodded.
"Good, I'll see you after class." I told her before walking away.

~

"So Derek, why you hanging with a thirteen year old girl?" One of my basketball teammates, Jacob asked me. I glared slightly at Jacob's smirking face, his thoughts on girls where less then nice.
"Leave. Prim. Alone." I growled stepping closer, something in me snapped at his next words.
"Why do you care about her so much? She's only a stupid. Little. Girl." How dare he! I growled and punched him square in the nose.
"Don't talk about Prim like that!" I roared at him, Jacob actually had the nerve to smirk at me.
"So she's your weakness," he taunted. My face hardened in anger as I realised what he meant. He wasn't going to lay so much as a finger on her.
"You won't touch her!" I shouted, for a second fear flashed across Jacob's face but it was quick and covered up by a smirk. My eyes narrowed in anger and I glared at him with everything I had.

"I'm going to hurt your little Prim, and your going to watch me." He boasted not noticing the small crowd behind him, but that sent me over the edge. My hands balled into fists and I pushed Jacob onto the lockers, his face was inches from mine as I glared heavily at him. My hand went back to punch him when her voice rang out.
"Derek!"
Immediately I pulled away from Jacob and turn my head to look at a scared looking Prim. I had made her scared of me. The feeling of someone stabbing me in the heart hit me as I looked at her face, it was full of fear and worry.
"Prim." I whispered and took a step towards her. Prim glanced at Jacob for a second before running straight into my arms.

I held her to my chest as I backed away from Jacob, keeping my Prim out of his reach. Wait, my Prim? I don't own her, I thought as my arms tightened the slightest around her fragile body. Prim looked up at me with her big hazel eyes and I think I melted right then and there. Her eyes where full of tears and full of worry, she was worried for me. One part of me was really happy that she was worried for me, but another part of me didn't want her to worry because if she is worried then she might get hurt.
"I won't let anyone hurt you, that's a promise." I told her quietly, she nodded her head slightly and we walked away from Jacob who was being dragged to the principals office.

The rest of the day went by without a flaw, and soon I was walking Prim home like I did every school day. She was just talking about something and didn't mind if I didn't pay any attention to her, only that I was there to listen. I smiled at her as she continued to chatter about something, leaning down I kissed her forehead and tightened my arm around her shoulder. All to soon I was walking away from Prim's house alone, yet a smile was still on my face. As soon as I got home I was cornered by my mother and farther.
"Sit." Mom said pointing to the couch. I nodded and sat down, mother and farther sat on the other side of me father cleared his throat and started.
"Derek, you know about mates right?" He asked. I was taken back by the question but nodded.

"Well we think that..." He was cut off by mother.
"Prim is you mate is she not?" She asked me. My eyes widened and I realised my answer was in fact yes. Since the first time I looked her, Prim has been my reason for living, she meant the world to me and I'd harm anyone that even thought of harming a hair on her head. My face must've given my answer away because mother and farther nodded, stood up and walked away to God knows where.

I slowly stood up and walked to my room, how didn't I notice it before? I mean I was nine when I first met her but still! Shaking my head I started my homework and tried to concentrate but Primrose McCall always seemed to be on my mind.

~

My whole body shook slightly in happiness as Prim walked out of her house and half ran me with a bright smile on her face. She wore a green shirt, jeans, boots and her hair was in a platt, in my words she looked beautiful. Launching herself into my arms she snuggled into my body before stepping out of my hug.
"Come on wolf boy, let's not be late." She told me with a smile. I grinned at her fragile form and made an oath that no one would hurt her. Not even myself.