The Basketball game

Derek Hale
Two months later

I smirked as I scored, cheering and clapping filled the air as I dribbled the ball away from the hoop. I turned around and face my teams hoop again before glancing at the clock. Seven seconds left. Taking a deep breath I quickly dribbled the ball down the court making sure that no one got their hands on the basketball. Three. I paused for a second before throwing the ball towards the hoop. Two. The entire gym held their breath as the ball sailed straight into the hoop scoring my team the winning point.
Buzz!
"Game over, Beacon Hills won!" Coach yelled out joyfully.

In seconds I was surrounded by my team mates who where patting me on the back and congratulating me. My eyes scanned the crowd and found my mates happy face among the crowd. Prim was beaming happily as she rushed down the stands, I jogged over to her and caught her as she tripped on the last stand. Prim fell into my arms, her own wrapped around my shoulders while mine where on her waist.
"Congratulations, you won." She whispered into my ear before she pulled away smiling at me. My eyes softened as she did so, noticing that she was shivering I detached her from my body and stepped away from her.

I tugged off my number 1 Beacon Hills basketball jersey and gave it to her with a tender smile. She took it from me and pulled it over her blue shirt.
"Thanks."
"You looked cold, plus I was about to give it to you anyway." I told her before I wrapped my arm around we shoulder as we followed the crowd out of the school gym.
"Sure you where." She said, her tone full of sarcasm. I chuckled at her before tugging her closer to me as we walked down the dark street, a faint sound made me whip my head around to see nothing was there.

Suddenly a blood curling scream made me whip around to see Prim being pulled away from me by someone. I roared angrily and chased after them, then someone knocked me to the ground and blew some purple dust in my face making me fall asleep. When I woke up again I was still laying in the street, in a second I was standing and sniffing the air for Prim's sent. I howled angrily when I found nothing, while I could fell her pain, confusion as well as panic I couldn't see her or catch her sent.

After combing the woods for anything that might lead me to Prim I had found nothing. As I was about to race home and tell my mother, a faint inhuman cry reached my ears. It sounded like a wolf's howl mixed in with a humans scream, and it was Prim's. I whipped my head around in the direction of where the sound came from before I lifted my head and let out my own howl. A promise that I would find her and that I had heard her. Without a seconds thought or hesitation I ran in the direction of Prim's cry, I would get her back. I just had to.

Third person

An inhuman cry echoed throughout the entire town of Beacon Hills. The sound alone made everyone who heard it look up towards the sound and shiver in fear as well as tear up. The cry was scary and beautiful as it was sad. The Hale family looked up at the sky with worried looks, their eyes flashing their wolf colour before going back to their normal human colour. They all knew who made that sound and what it meant. Prim was calling for Derek, and she was in trouble.

Derek Hale

I jumped over a fallen log as I ran faster and faster, Prim's sent almost burning my nose but it was a good pain because it meant that she was close.
"No! Please!" My heart skipped a beat as Prim's broken cry reached my ears. I raced though the trees as a pained cry met my ears. Letting out a enraged snarl come from my lips as I raced into the clearing in the middle of the woods, what saw made me even more angry.

Prim was laying on the ground on her side, curled around her stomach as the man stopped his leg mid-air, a inch away from kicking her in the stomach. She was shaking like a leaf and blood was visible on her arms, her forehead and stomach her ankle was also twisted in a unnatural position. In a second I had the man pinned against the ground, fully wolfed out and snarling angrily.
"How." Punch. "Dare." Punch. "You." Punch. Punch. "Hurt." Punch. "My." Punch. "Mate!" CRACK! The man let out a yell as his rib broke but I payed it no mind, he hurt my mate. He. Must. Pay.

I continued to punch and scratch him until my mothers voice rang out.
"Derek!" I stopped and looked to my left to see my mother was looking at me with a disapproving look. "Let him go." Her tone was firm and strong. Rather reluctantly I stood up and walked away from the whimpering, cowering man. I was by Prim's side in a second and none of my family stopped me as I scooped her up in my arms, my hands ghosting over the cuts that where on her body. She whimpered in pain as I stood up with her still in my arms.

"It hurts." She whispered, her voice sounding like she looked broken and pained. I hushed her gently, nuzzling my nose into her hair.
"I know, but your going to get better." I told her, while taking away some of her pain. Almost sleepily she closed her eyes and rested her head on my shoulder. "Sleep now, my Rose. Your safe." And she would be, anyone who tried to hurt her would have to go through me and my family before they could even touch her.