Chapter 1: Normal Days Are Overrated

My life is rather normal. I live with my mother, Sonya, and my father, James (Don't know their real names. Btw Sonya is supposed to be Billy's ex wife and Jacob's mother. James is supposed to be Sam's father). My older sisters all are in college, while my older brother lives with his father.

I go to school at Forks High, but I have no friends there. All my friends are at the Reservation. My mom is a stay at home mom while James, my father who I stopped calling dad when I was 9, works at some place, but he hardly ever goes.

In my mind Billy Black is my father. Billy is technically my siblings's father, but he is more like a father to me than my real one is.

Lately all I have been feeling is anger. It wasn't helping that at the moment I was sitting on the couch while my parents yelled at me. See I'm a very quiet person and so I don't say much. This leads me to getting yelled at because my father says me being quiet means that I'm up to no good. See I'm actually the perfect child. I don't pick fights, I get good grades, I do my chores, I mind my own business, and I stay out my parent's way. Most would love to have a child like me.

But nope. My father is yelling at me for it. "I'm just quiet. I'm sorry." I squeak, but then my father slapped me. My eyes widen. My father was horrible to me and mental and emotional abuse me, but never has he gotten physical.

"Victoria-" My father started, but I shook my head.

"Don't even start!" I growl causing both my parents eyes to widen. "You are dead to me!" I growl before stomping upstairs. I pack up my clothes, my school supplies, and my books. My school stuff fits in my backpack, my clothes fit in my duffle along with my bathroom things in that bag, and my books and other things I can't live without are in another duffle bag. I put both bags over my head on my right shoulder while putting the straps of my backpack on my back.

I go down the stairs.

"Vikki please-

"No! I am done! I am done with living here!"

"Then where will you go? Who would take you in?" Snarled my mother. I turned around fast and punched her. Something I have never done. I heard the sickening crack of her noes breaking before I take off in the woods.

I felt pain erupt in my body as I got more angry. I dropped all three of my bags before screaming. My body felt hot and I heard the breaking of my bones. "Jake!" I cried out knowing he couldn't hear me, but he was the only one that can ever calm me down and comfort me. I cried harder as the pain worsen.

"Shit! Embry get Sam and Jake now!"

"Jared who-

"Get them Embry now!" Jared? He was Sam's friend. I have only met him a few times.

Suddenly the pain vanished. "Oh god is that?"

"Yes Sam that's Victoria." Jared voice said. I looked up at the three boys that were there and whimpered. Wait whimpered?

"Shh sweetheart it's okay." My brother, Sam, said as he knelt down. "Come here." He said opening his arms. I walked over to him as tears fell from my face. "Listen you remember the old legends Billy told us right?" I nod weakly. "Well they're true. Now look down, but don't freak out." I hesitantly looked down and tears ran down faster.

I had paws!

"Shh Vikki it's okay. We are shifters and apparently so are you. You'll be okay. I promise. Now just calm down and picture yourself human. You'll be back to normal soon after." Jake explained. I nod my wolf head and closed my eyes. I felt my brothers each squeeze a paw. Soon I felt... different.

"Jared turn the fuck around!" Sam growled at Jared who was looking at my now naked body. I blushed as tears rolled down faster.

"Shh it's okay Tori." Jake said wrapping me up with a blanket they brought. "Come on we'll take you back to Emily's and explain everything. Once that's done you're explaining what the hell happened." I sniffled and nod.

"Can I have my bag." They turned and saw my bags and looked back at me. "I'll explain later. It's the black duffle with the wolf on it." Jake nod and took some clothes out for me. I took it happily and changed.

"Okay sweety let's get you back now." Sam said taking me out of the woods. Jake grabbed my bags with Jared and lead me to a house. "It'll be okay." I nod weakly.

Luckily as I walk in it's just us and Emily. "Jared go with the others. We need to talk to our sister alone." Sam said making the guy nod and walk out.

"Honey?" I turned and Emily.

"Vik just phased." Emily looked at me.

"I didn't know girls could phase?" Emily said.

"I know neither did us." He said wrapping an arm around me. "Let's go talk."

~

So I'm a shifter, I turn into a wolf, apparently shifters also imprint on their soul mates. Hmm sounds fun. Oh and I can't see my friends anymore. Life sucks. Although I can text them and call. It sucks, but it'll make them safe.

I was now sitting with my brothers and Emily waiting the guys to come back in order for me to be fully apart of the pack because I need to meet everyone. "Emily do you want help?" I asked making her turn and look at me. She smiled brightly and nod.

"Sure honey that'll be great." I smiled and together we made dinner.

~

We finished dinner as Sam got a call. "Sam, Honey, phone!" Emily called as we were hand deep in dough and flour. Sam came into the kitchen and picked the phone up.

"Hello.... yes..." Sam face became angered. "Look just back off okay." He started shaking. "Look I don't need my baby sister staying with you." He said harshly into the phone. "She's staying with Either Jake or I and you no longer have a say in it." Great he's talking to our dad. "Look if you really want to fight this then fine, but after hitting Vik you won't win." He said before hanging up the phone angrily.

"Sam, honey? Calm down okay baby." Emily whispered placing her hands on his chest.

"He wants Vik to go back." He growled making me sigh.

"Sam I don't want anyone getting in trouble and-

"Vik I'm not having you go back after what he did! Look you're either staying with Jake or me no arguing." I small softly.

"Thanks S." He nods and I give him a quick hug.

"Sam we're back!" I turned and saw a bunch of half naked guys standing there. "Whose the kid?" A rather big one said.

"Paul that's mine and Jake's sister." Sam growled. I looked over and my eyes met one of the boys. He was so much quieter than the rest. Our eyes met and it felt like my body was on fire and then was also frozen at the same time. It felt like fireworks went off and I saw having a life with him.

"Did he....." One of them said.

"Duuude Jake and Sam are going to kiiiill you." Another said. We looked over to see a steaming Jake and Sam.

"Shit." I heard his soft musical husky voice said quietly.