Chapter 14: The Fight

(Vic's pov)

Today was the day. All the training. All the preparations. All the work and it's finally time. The fight will begin. We all had our places. Jacob and Edward was to be in the mountains to protect Bella. The wolf pack along with Cullens will be on the war field to attack. Seth and my beloved Embry will be up in the mountains to guard the perimeter.

I was worried about Embry, but I forced myself to ignore it and focus on the task at hand which is killing these newborns. I was scared, but I needed to be brave. After all I am the alpha female.

"Please don't go getting yourself killed." I smiled as I heard Raven say this to Jared.

"Sweetheart I'll be back before you know it. I'll be fine okay." He said kissing her lips. Raven sighed, but wrapped her arms around him in the end. She snuggled into him before forcing herself to pull away.

"Be careful Jar." She whispered once more before kissing him. "I love you." His eyes widen for a minute before he kissed her back.

"I love you too." He smiled before joining Jacob, Quil, and Paul. I turned to Embry and smiled.

"Ready?" He gave a sigh, but soon I was pulled into a tight hug.

"You don't get killed either. If you do then I'm bringing you back just to kill you." She said and made everyone laugh.

"Sorry Raven, but I don't think it's possible to bring the dead back." Paul joked. Raven hasn't told anyone other than Jared about her. I smirked.

"You never know." I say smiling. "Raven can surprise you." I say before hugging her back. "And don't worry I'll be fine."

"You better." Embry said making Raven smile. I roll my eyes.

"Let's just go and get this over with." I said making Embry nod. We walked to the woods, but before he took another step I pulled him to me. "Be careful Em. I can't loose you." I say. He wrapped his arms around me and snuggled his face into my neck.

"You won't Vic. I love you. I'll be back in your arms sooner than you know." I smiled and snuggled into him.

"You better." I mocked earning a deep chuckle from him. "I love you soooo much Embry please be careful." He nods and gives me a heart melting kiss before stepping back.

"Promise." He said and I smiled. I walked over to Jacob and took a deep breath.

"I know you and I aren't on the best terms, but you can please promise to make sure you bring Em back to me." I say making him look at me. Jake gave a small smile, the first smile he gave me in forever.

"Of course Vicky. You're my baby sister. Even if you annoy me to bits I wouldn't let you loose someone you love so much." I smile at this. "I promise to bring him back in one piece." He said before kissing my temple and going off with his group. I took a deep breath and headed off with my group.

(Embry's pov)

Victoria, the vampire, came out of no where. Her and the newborn came at us. I managed to pin the newborn down, but then Victoria bit me. I whimpered, but Seth managed to lung at her and pull her off me. Thanks. Wouldn't want Vic killing me for dying. I chuckle to Seth who snorted in laughter.

We kept fighting and Jake and Edward helped, but they were just so strong. I was growing tired and all of us could see it. Dude you okay?  Seth asked I just nod. I took a deep breath and lunged again at the newborn. Nothing was working though. Soon I was pinned once again by Victoria. She bite into me and punched me hard in the shoulder dislocating it.

I yelped making it echo in the mountains.

(Vic's pov)

I heard Embry's cry and immediately stopped. Go! Sam yelled and I nod. I took off running as fast as I could. We were almost done here anyways Jared ran with me and that's when I saw Embry limping. Oh my Embry. I felt myself growl.