Sweetest Revenge

Chapter One

Maia's POV

I walked through the door and swept Haden into my arms. "How's your day been little man?" He touched me cheek and I kissed his little fingers. "Momma and daddy have been yelling again." I sighed and kissed his forehead. "Don't worry honey. Here soon everything will be alright and you won't have to listen to that anymore." I placed him down on the ground when I heard stomping coming down the hall towards the living room. "Stay by me." I whispered to Haden. He nodded and grabbed my hand. I heard his breathing spike in fear. I squeezed his hand reassuringly. "Where the hell have you been?" Jake roared. He came in red faced and foam running down his six chins. Fat ass, I thought. "I had to go to school." I pulled Haden behind my back, trying to hide him from Jake's view. "Don't get lippy with me." Haden sobbed in fear and I clenched my jaw and hoped Jake didn't hear us. All of a sudden Haden was jerked out of my grasp. I spun around and saw Sidney was holding him a little too tightly. I made a grab for him and Jake's beefy hand grabbed me by the throat. Haden's eyes widened and I looked at anything besides him. "Is that why you're always bruised Mee Mee"I nodded slowly. Haden sobbed and then grunted. I snapped my head up and saw Sidney pushing in hard on his gut. "Let him go!" I screamed at her. "Shut up!" Jake tightened his hold on my throat and I gasped for air. "Please." I whispered. Jake released me and I fell to my knees. I looked up at Haden and Sidney finally released him. He ran over to me and put his little hands on my cheeks. "I'm sorry little man. I'm sorry." I whispered to him. All of a sudden a hand shot out and hit Haden hard across the face. A shot of anger made my vision turn red and I spun around to face Jake. "You like hitting people, huh? Then bring it you fat bastard." He swung at me with a jello arm and I ducked under and delivered a swift kick to his gut. He grunted and doubled over. I knew I should've stopped but I was seeing red. I kneed him in the face and threw him back against the wall. He didn't get back up and I swung around to see Sidney wiggling the phone. She had called the police. Shit!