She's just like me!!!

*Maia's pov*

We eventually pulled up to a large house somewhere in the middle of the woods. "Really?" She looked over at me and sighed. "What now?" I smirked, shaking my head. "Nothing." She sighed and climbed out of the car, not waiting for me to come up with something smart ass to say. Not like I was going to. I jumped out of the car and stood, leaning against the side. "What?" I looked over at her as she crossed her arms and waited for me. "How many people are in there? It's a huge house so I know it's not just for you and me." She sighed. "Eight people." I raised an eyebrow at her. "Holy shit! Are they adopted like me?" She nodded. "Basically." I pushed away from the car and walked up to her. "Let's get this shit over with. I'm gonna pretend to be all happy go lucky and we try to co-exist. No connections, no permanent residence. Understand?" Her jaw clenched and she nodded. "Whatever." I smiled and walked up the large concrete steps to the double glass doors. I rolled my eyes. This house already made me feel safe. I sighed and walked in, looking around in shock at the beautiful furniture and crystal white walls. You would think they had all the freaking money in the world! A little girl ran up to me and held out her hand, expecting me to shake it. I shook her hand and raised an eyebrow. "My name is Maria. What's yours?" She entwined her fingers and swung sideways, grinning from ear to ear. "Maia." She squealed and clapped her hands. "I love it!" I smiled softly. "Thanks. Our names aren't that different, are they?" She shook her head. "Nope." She exaggerated the "p". If only all the kids acted like her. She was so sweet! But there was no way I was going to get attached. None whatsoever. I looked past her as I heard light footsteps running down the hallway and stopping when they reached the turn. A girl about my age peeked out from around the corner and gasped and hid behind the wall when she realised I was looking at her. "Come on out. I don't bite.....hard." She chuckled. "I'm Robyn." She said as she slowly walked out. "Cute name. Maia." I held my hand out to her. She raised her eyebrow at my hand. "Thank god I don't have to do that again." I breathed as I realised she didn't want to shake hands like Maria. She laughed. "Nice to meet you." I raised my eyebrow and quickly detected her faint accent. "Australian." Her eyes widened and she nodded. "How'd you know?" I shrugged. "Good guess?" She grabbed my arm and led me up the stairs. "Where are we going?" She smirked at me. "Want you to see what I'm all about." I raised my eyebrow and decided to let it go, following her to a closed door painted black that said, "Beware: enter at your own risk." I chuckled at that. "Nice." She nodded. "Right?" She released my arm and I followed her into the room, immediately surrounded by notebooks and band posters. Blood On The Dance Floor was the only one I could actually agree on. "Your music taste is definitely different from mine." She nodded. "Thought it would be." She walked over towards a large desk, covered in pictures and poems. "These are amazing." I muttered, picking up a self portrait of her with some guy that looked a lot like her. "Not really." I placed the drawing down and opened my Black Veil Brides backpack, pulling out a large sketch book, full of all of my pictures. I handed it to her and sat beside her on the bed. She raised an eyebrow at me and opened it, gasping as she saw the pictures I had drawn. When I drew, I tried to capture the life of the people I saw all around me. It had been a long time since I had last drawn something but now I had new inspiration. "How do you do this?" She looked up at me. "I don't really know." I muttered. She opened to the last photo I had drawn. I looked down as she traced the picture of my little brother. "Who is he?" She asked as she saw the tortured expression on my face. "Someone I need to get back." I responded. She smirked and her eyes flashed excitedly. "I'll help."

___________//💔\\__________

A/N. Hello lovies. Sorry it's been so long since I updated. I apologise. Anyway I hope u guys like the new chapter!!! Comment, and vote. Later!