chapter 3: first assignment! part 1

I woke up to someone poking my face. I opened my eyes to see Titania poking me repeatedly chanting "wake up" over and over again. I sighed and sat up, hitting her in the head and knocking her backwards, but she didn't care.

"You're awake!!!!!" She cheered. I smiled sleepily. Then I remembered, we have our first assignment today. I snapped to my senses and was almost as happy as Titania. "Our first assignment is today, so we better get moving!!!" She squealed and grabbed my arm, then proceeded to drag me away.

We made it to the lockers, and other students were there getting their weapons for today. I opened my locker and looked inside.

"Whoa...." I gasped in shock.

"What?" Titania pranced over, and looked over my shoulder into my locker.

Inside, my halbred leaned against the wall of the locker. But it was in a shotgun form, I could tell it was my halbred because it was the exact same color, same designs, spikes, and my symbol on it. "Your halbred can turn into a gun?! Cool!!" She said in amazement.

"It wasn't able to before.." I said a little confused, I picked it up and took it out. I closed the locker and looked down at the shotgun in my hands.

"Ah, Alya Luna." A female voice addressed me from behind me and Tia. I turned around and it was Glynda.

"Oh, hi Ms. Goodwitch." I bowed, being careful not to drop the shotgun.

"I was looking for you." She said. Why was she looking for me?

"Why?"

"A security guard was passing through the lockers, and he spotted a faint glow from your locker. He opened it up but only that shotgun laid inside. Nothing seemed wrong. So he came to report it to us. I was hoping you had an explanation for this?"

"Well, you see.. this wasn't always a shotgun.." I admitted, her eyebrows raised in interest.

"It wasn't?"

"No.. it was a halbred before. It could turn into other weapons, but never a shotgun."

"Do you know why?"

"I'm sorry, but no.."

"Alright then, you two girls should hurry to the cliff. Your assignment starts soon." With that, Glynda walked away.

I can't believe it, a guard actually saw a faint light from my locker.. and possibly, my weapon.. did it turn into a shotgun overnight? Just like the spikes; I have no idea how that happened. But I should worry less about the new improvement, and worry more about getting to the cliff in time!

Once Tia got her swallow, we headed to the cliff. There were other students there. There were two spots left, so that means we're a little later then everyone else. Other students looked back at us and snickered at our lateness, Glynda stared them down with a look telling that told them........something I shouldn't really say....heheh..

We got on our landing pads, and Ozpin explained the objective. We will be launched off, and we have to figure out our own landing strategy to make it safely to the ground. Once we've landed, we have to find abandoned ruins and obtain relics and bring them back.

Also that we're getting partners today, the first student we make eye contact witn after landing will be our partner for the next four years.. looks like when I land, I have to find Tia.. and fast..