The Demon's Choice

A/N:This is my first book so please be patient And don't rush me I am studying for my finals so I can only update when I have the time. The picture is who I thought would represent nicole at 10 yr old.

Nicole's POV

FLASHBACK 3 Years ago

My life wasn't good my father left before I was born and my mother was an alcoholic who told me she never wanted me every day of my life. It was well past midnight, and I was going home when I heard yelling.

"You son of a bitch!", a male voice yelled.

"I..I am sorry I didn't mean to disobey you..." I heard the female voice stutter.

As any 10 year old girl I was curious and wanted to know why these people were fighting and who they were, so I peeked around the corner of the building I lived in to see a demon punishing his slave. As he repeatedly hit her she cried and cried I stood there watching, as he hit her I started to walk closer and as he went to hit her again I pushed him and made him fall.

"Stupid little bitch, you will pay for that!!" the guy screamed at me.

When I looked back to see the women she was gone and I was left alone with the guy. He stood up and came towards me and grabbed me by my throat.....as I started to cry he loosened his grip.

"Well since your idiocy let my slave escape looks like your coming with me now little human" he said cruelly.

I went with the guy scared that if I didn't he would hurt me. For the first year I was there he managed to gain some of my trust and to my surprise he treated me like I was his daughter. We became close I knew almost everything about him, that his name was Jason he was 368 years old (but still looked 19) and that he was a demon.

About a year and a half later I became sick, Jason brought me to the doctor and he told Jason "She probably won't make it her immune system can't handle a demon flu she is only human you can get another one". As Jason glared at the doctor "I will not just get another one she is special to me, is there anyway to save her?" he asked.

The doctor looked at him "You could change her but you can't do it unless you get the kings permission to have her turned but that could take months just to get the permission the girl only has maybe two days at the most" he said sincerely as he walked out the door.

As I laid there in pain not able to move I could only listen to Jason saying "I'm so sorry, you'll be better soon" even though I knew I was gonna die at the age of eleven only a few days from my 12th birthday. Jason stayed by my side every minute he would make me as comfortable as possible and told me that he was sorry every time he saw I was in pain. By the second day I had become progressively worse I could barely breathe and was in constant pain and the sight of me in pain made Jason want to scream. A few hours into the night I couldn't breathe and I started to cry. That's when my master had had enough, he grabbed my shirt and tore it where my heart was. Then he cut into his wrist and drew a symbol on my heart in his blood. I heard him whisper some words in a language I heard him talk to his friends in. That's when the pain started, I felt sharp pains first in my heart and then it spread throughout my body the pains were unbearable. I screamed so loud and then the pain just stopped as fast as it came, it stopped. When I woke the next morning I opened my eyes and everything was different I could see better and felt like I could eat a horse.

Then Jason came in "Well I'm glad you're awake sunshine you've been out for days" he said in a sweet melodic voice.

"Days? But I thought I was supposed to.....how am I still alive?"

He looks at me with love only a father could show to his daughter "I couldn't bear to lose you because truthfully you're like a daughter to me and I love you like one so I turned you."

I looked at him surprised "So how did you get the kings permission to change me so fast?" I asked curiously.

"Well that's the thing...I didn't" he said nervously while trying his best to not look me in the eye.

"So what happens now?" I asked trying to look him in the eyes.

" Now u have to stay inside so you don't get caught" he said finally looking at me cautiously.

"You just expect me to stay inside for the ret of my life?" I said trying to hold back my tears as they were threatening to fall.

"I'm sorry but it is for the best, be thankful u are alive!!" he said harshly making me flinch from him.

From that day on I followed his rule and never left the house. I spent my hours reading and watching Jason take care of his buisness. But almost a year later a loud knock on the door had awoken me from my nap and Jason told me to hide and as usual I followed his directions and hid in his basement. I heard a lot of banging and then a scream that could only have come from one person.........Jason. After a few hours of hiding in the basement I could no longer take it and I went uptairs only to fine Jason long dead with a note covered in his blood next to him.

Nicole,

They know about you, they tried making me give you to them but I wouldn't so they killed me. I did however tell them u were running and that you were already far away. So you could have time to run and hide I am sorry I have left you alone but you are strong and you can survive. Be careful they have teamed up with the angels to find u because u are different u have powers that noone has, that threatens the demon king so he will go to no end to find u and have you killed. Good luck -Jason

End of Flashback

Ever since that day I have had to run and hide and steal just to survive. it has been over 3 years since that day and everyday I have been following Jason's last wish.........for me to be safe.

A/N: Thanks to my amazing mother/editor for checking my first chapter. @Booblicious follow my editor/mother. AND PLEASE I AM BEGGING ANYONE WHO READS THIS TO PLEASE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE AND ALSO VOTE!!!!!!!!! THANKS MY TO MY FANS WHO ARE NOW GONNA BE CALLED MY ANGELNATORS.....THANKS GUYS BYE :)