Chapter 6

A/N: Hey everyone thanks for reading I am so happy you guys live my book I have been busy with school and stuff an I will try to do and update every few days if possible. A little encouragement is nice so please vote and comment and shout out to @Karmakiller1 and @Trin2468 for encouraging me to write again your comment made me almost cry for joy :') I'm dedicating this chapter to you guys!

Nicole's POV

It had been almost 2 weeks since I met Devon and he is my closest and most trusted friend. It's the first time I have trusted someone since Jason died.

"We're lost right Devon?" I said annoyed that he got us lost on the way home.

"Uh we're like um I don't know" he said defeated.

"So are you saying I'm right once again and you're wrong again?" I say with an amused smile.

"Maybe" he said getting oddly close to me and backing me into a wall while slowly putting his hands on my waist and pulling me closer to him.

"D-Devon what are you doing?" I asked not realizing I was stuttering.

Before Devon could respond, I pushed him to the side as an arrow pierces through my stomach and out the other side. I collapse on the ground gently putting my hands on the opening as blood pours out of me and the world starts to fade to black. As my vision fades to black the last thing I see is Devon's throat being ripped out by an all too familiar person......Ian. My last thought is how could I have been so stupid as to let my guard down, now my idiocy caused someone close to me to die...again. All I bring with me is bad luck and death. As my vision fades I start to pass out hoping never to wake up.

Ian's POV

I dropped the pathetic humans body to the ground as my anger slowly calmed down.

"No one touches what's mine!" I say snidely.

I turn to look at my mate as I finally realize that the arrow meant for the human is in my poor little mate. I run I've to her and hold her limp body.

"No, you can't die on me you have to wake up. I can't lose you like this." I say as I start to panic realizing my mate may not make it unless I heal her.

I take my jacket off and place it over the wound as I slowly lift her up and transport me and her back to my apartment. I gently put her on my bed and rip the bloodied clothes away from her wound. I then grab a washcloth and run warm water on it an gently rub the blood away from her wound as I use all my concentration to focus on the wound healing. This has to work...it just has to! As I use all my strength to heal her the wound finally closes and I hear her gentle moan as she starts to come to. I stand up slowly to walk out because when she wakes I'm gonna have a lot of explaining to do so I better start thinking on how I'm gonna explain to her.

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! LOVE YOU MY ANGELNATORS!!!!!