Chapter 8

Devon's POV

I watch as the star beneath my hand starts to glow. I pull my hand away and a portal starts to open as my body starts to be pulled in. I brace myself for the impact.

What I see stuns me. The castle of hades, I walk towards the castle carful of any demons. I get there and it seems just too easy.

"Well, well, well look who it is." a familiar voice says.

"Nice to see u too Devon, look I'm here to help u get out of here" I say quickly as I hear footsteps coming towards us.

"Now why would I go back there? I have everything I could ever want down here. I'm immortal now thanks to hades. I'm the god of judgement." he says as I finally realize what ha happened.

Devon was no longer the guy my mate loved. he was a power hungry monster now. No more, no less. he only cared for what he got out of being killed which seems to have been immortality and unbelievable power.

"Devon look I came back here to bring you back. I was wrong to kill you, I was jealous that my mate trusted u more than me. She needs you in her life. I gave up hunting her because I love her, I'm gonna spend the rest of my life proving to her that I love her with all my heart. I promised her I would bring u back. she is in danger up there all alone. Please come back to at least explain everything to her if you choose not to stay there." I pleaded with Devon.

"I can't stay up there now, my place is down here judging the pure souls and watching over the elysian fields." he said with sadness in his voice.

"Lets go I've been gone from her long enough. I know she can protect herself but I wanna be by her side just in case." I said as I started to spell to come back to the overworld.

We appeared by the tree just outside my apartment and walked inside to a sleeping Nicole. I gently brushed my Hand against her cheek as she jumped up with a dagger at hand.

"Oh sorry I got scared and I didn't know it was you, oh my god Devon you're back!!" She hugged him and and then he sat her down to tell her that he couldn't stay. Nicole's face went from ecstatic to betrayal. As he told her that he could never stay up here longer than an hour. She looked at him with tears brimming in her eyes. I wrapped my arms around her and held her to my chest. By the time Devon had to leave Nicole was fast asleep in my arms.

"I have to go now but ill visit when I can, tell her that I will miss her and I'll never forget her no matter what happens" he said sadly.

"I will" he then quickly left as I placed Nicole gently on the bed and stripped my shirt n shoes off and put on Pj pants and crawled in bed next to her and held her in my arms and drifted off to sleep, knowing that I did all I could for her right now.

A/N: ok so I know I have not posted I'm a loooonnnggg time but to be completely honest I have been very stressed out and depressed lately I barely have the will to keep going in life I don't have anything to look forward to anymore. well enough with my problems, I hope u enjoyed the chapter I will post by next Wednesday hopefully. alright bye guys!