Mercedes

"They mess you up, your mum and dad. They may not mean to, but they do. They fill you with the faults they had... And add some extra just for you."

-British poet Philip Larkin

Mercedes Pov

I put on my doctors masks before walking into the house.

"Hey, Mom! Hey, Dad!"

"Bitch."

"Hoe." I shrug them off, and walk further into the house. I see Mom, Dad, and some random niggas sitting at the round kitchen table. Making coke.

"The fuck yo ass starrin at, slut?" Dad spat.

"I'm sorry Daddy, I didn't mean to stare. I just came to get something to eat." I walk past them, but Dad stops me by grabbing my vagina. He licks his lips. I look over at Mama, but she's staring at my butt..

"I could feed yo hungry ass."

"I'm already halfway there, and you need to hurry up and make the coke before Dray comes for us." He lets go of me and I walk quickly out the room after grabbing some chips and Gatorade. I really can't complain about this place. This is my home.... It's where I live. I'm obedient, and love my parents dearly because no matter how badly they treat me, I know they still love me. They may not show it, but I know that they do. I mean, if they why wouldn't they abort me when I was still in my Mama's stomach? Yes, they beat me. Yes, they try to tear me down. And, yes, they rape me. But, they are still my parents, so I still have to respect the two. I go to my room, eat, watch The Mentalist, and reply to every one's messages on Kik. I am the popular girl in school. I didn't mean to. I'm just a nice, respectful girl to everyone. I guess that's what they like in me....

I just wish I could see it, too.

I can't talk to you right now....

I can't fuckin stand yo black ass right now..."