Ksimon

Bus crash
Suggested by jessicaberry6

The bus moved continuously forward, a slight breeze seeping in and out of the windows. Noise hit my ears suddenly, and I soon realized everyone had started screaming. Curious as to what was happening, I lifted my head from it's glued attention on my sketchbook, where quite a few drawings were kept inside. When I looked out the window I saw the bus immediately swerve and go toward the ditch. By instinct, I grabbed the closest thing to me and held on for my dear life, hoping I would survive this ordeal. My body jutted forward and hit the ground, therefore also hitting my head and blacking me out.

I soon woke up from the darkness, but my eyes were still closed, as I was terrified as to what I would see if I opened them. But, noticing it would be very difficult to exit the bus and call for help with closed eyes, I reluctantly opened them. I was laying atop the back of the seat in front of the original one I was sitting in. My vision was blurry, so I rubbed my eyes to get any dust or dirt out. Once opening me eyes again, I realized I had clear vision once again. I looked around the bus, and all I saw was injured bodies. I pushed myself off of the gray tinted seat and tried standing up, but automatically found myself falling back into my original position. I tried this again, but the outcome repeated.

After several different tries, I decided to use a different tactic. I put one hand forward, laying it on the seat in front of me. Then a leg. Soon enough, I was crawling across the tops of seats, occasionally looking down at the ground in search for breathing bodies. Once reaching the front seat, I had almost thought I was the lone survivor. But then, I heard a gasp behind me. My head turned back to look for the source. There was a boy, probably around 21 years old, rubbing his forehead. He had dirt black hair, dark skin and brown eyes, quite appealing to the eye. He soon looked at me, his eyes full of curiosity and worry.

" What happened?"

" I don't know much. What I do know is that the bus crashed. I looked around and it appears we're the only survivors."

He nodded and looked down. I walked over to him to see him staring at his phone. The screen was black, and presuming it was sleeping, I slowly grabbed it from the dirty ground and held the power button, hoping for his lockscreen to appear. Seeing my efforts, he spoke up.

" It's dead."

I sighed and gave him back his phone, walking back to my bag.

" Well, knowing both of our phones are dead, we should probably try to find an exit so we can contact people."

The man nodded once again. There was an awkward silence between us while we searched for a possible escape route.

" Hey! I think I found something!"

I heard from across the bus. Looking over, I saw him fidgeting with the back door of the bus.

" It's locked, you know that, right?"

" I'm aware. I know how to lock pick."

" Oh."

With curiosity, I moved closer to him and watched his process, hoping to learn about this. I knelt down beside him and tried to get a closer look. Finally, he smirked and took his hands off of the lock, almost immediately putting his hands on the handle. He pushed down and forward, and the door opened.

" See? Told ya'!"

" Yeah."

I chuckled and looked down at the ground, only now realizing how high the bus actually was. I gulped as I watched him jump down lightly, his feet landing and making an indent in the grass. I wanted to jump just as gracefully as he did, but I felt as if I couldn't. My legs felt like jelly and my heart was beating a million miles a minute. I felt on verge of a panic attack. The man below me smiled and grabbed my hand, which surprised me. I jutted a little backwards, but soon went back to my original position. My vision went blurry for a moment, as I realized he had lifted me down. He automatically put me down on the ground and reached his hand out.

" The name's JJ. JJ Olatunji."

I took his hand and shook it nervously.

" Uhm.... Simon . Simon Minter."

IM BACK!!!