4- Introduction

Her Pov

++++++++

I had awoken to my name being yelled from downstairs. Probably from my mother.

"VOILET, GET DOWN HER RIGHT NOW!"

I quickly stirred up out of my bed remembering what transpired last night. My hand reached up to my neck.

I came back to reality and picked up Erinah's picture and kissed it gently before making my way downstairs.

"Yes, mother?"

"Violet Skye, why is there still dishes in the sink?!" She demanded.

"T-they weren't there last night," I said truthfully. I had done every dish in the house every night.

"I call bullshit, get them done now, you worthless piece of crap."

Insults like this from her didn't hurt me anymore. I was use to them. I actually started to believe them.

I nodded my head and walked over to the sink to clean the dishes. My mind started to wonder to what happened last night. Who was he? Why am I still alive?

After I was done I walked back to my room and got ready for the day. It was Saturday so I didn't have school.

I walked to my closet and picked a plain white long sleeved shirt and pulled it on over my head. Afterwards, I pulled on black skinny jeans and black converse.

I examined myself in the full body mirror that was propped up against the wall in the corner. I was skinny. Too skinny. I barely ate but it didn't bother me. I noticed the the white shirt hung loosely around my body informing me that I had lost more weight. Oh well.

I wondered into the bathroom not far from my room to fix my hair. My hair was long, almost to my hips and it was pitch black. I never dyed it but when I tell people they don't believe me. I brushed out the tangled mess that it was then lined my pale green eyes with coal black eyeliner. Once in was satisfied with my appearance I walked out of the house. My parents, if you could call them that, wouldn't even notice I was gone.

I walked down the road and into the woods where a meadow was hidden behind the vegetation. I always went there when I needed to get away....which was most of the time. I made my way down the path that I had worn down over the years. Erinah and I would go here all the time. I remember her best when I'm here. God, I miss her. She was the light in my life.

Once I made

my way to the meadow I laid down on the soft warm grass and started humming to myself. Eventually the humming turned into soft singing. I wasn't the best singer but I could sing. I closed my eyes and let the sun warm my face.

I was startled by footsteps. I sat up and looked around. He was here.

"If you're going to kill me....just do it already," I said emotionless. Death wasn't something I feared.

He seemed confused. He walked over to me and sat down in front of me.

He kept looking at my clothes.

"What?" I asked

"We match," he answered.

I looked down at my clothes and then at his. We did. He was wearing black jeans and a white hoodie. I looked away.

"What's your name?" He asked.

I was hesitant. After all he did try to kill me. But, I wasn't afraid of him and that seemed to throw him off.

"Violet,"

"I like that,"

"Well...thanks, aren't you going to tell me yours?"

"Oh yeah, I'm Jeff,"

+++++

Jeff's Pov

++++++++++

I hadn't notice last night, but she was beautiful.

Jeff, what are you thinking? Stop, just end her.

I can't, I can't find it in me to kill her.

The way the sun light hit her face made her even more beautiful. Her eyes were such a light green that they were almost transparent.

You can't do this, you don't love her. You tried to kill her.

She looked at me with those stunning eyes.

"So, why didn't you kill me?" She asked.

Why didn't I kill her?

"To be honest, I don't know. Why weren't you afraid?"

She looked into my eyes.

"I told you, I have nothing to live for. I don't even know why I told you that."

"Well, what makes you think that you have nothing?" I asked curiously.

No. Don't get into her personal life. It'll only make it harder to kill her.

I tried to push that voice down. She thought for a minute. She was probably contemplating whether to tell me or not.

"It probably won't matter if I tell you or not, but, I lost the only thing I had almost a year ago and my life has been hell since." She broke the silence.

"Boyfriend break up with you?" It was the only thing that came to mind.

She seemed to laugh at this softly. It was a strange sight to see her smile.

"No, I've never had a a boyfriend. And it was my sister. She...she drowned when she was at the lake with my parents. I stayed behind because I didn't want to go. She begged me to go with her but...I didn't go. If I would've...maybe..why didn't I go...?" Her eyes start to tear up.

"Violet, what ever happened wasn't your fault. You didn't know." I tried to soothe her.

That voice came back.

Stop trying to comfort her. You shouldn't be doing this. She's your victim.

Now she was crying, tears running down her face causing water spots on her shirt.

"But....it was my fault. I knew she wasn't a good swimmer, I could've saved her. I could've...." Her sobs broke her off.

I gently grabbed her wrists but she flinched and brought them back to her body. She pulled down the long sleeves to cover her hands too. Suspicions came into my head.

I grabbed one of her arms am pushed up the sleeve to reveal scars, new and old.

It broke my non existent heart to see that see does this to her self. I looked up at her shocked. She looked back with tears in her eyes.

She quickly pulled away and ran back home crying. I just sat there wondering what could make her depressed enough to do that to herself...