Chapter 17

Holy Smurfs guys we this story has been going on for like 2 years! SORRY FOR TAKING AGES OMG DX But hopefully we'll have finished this story soon! So here goes!

Nikki x

Song is 'Closer To You' by Jaylene Johnson cuz I (Abi) am in love with it at the minute

Chapter 17 

Lyra's P.O.V.

"Where. Is. It." My voice was low and threatening as I glared at the receptionist, who I could sense was slighltly scared of me in that moment.

"I- I don't know!" she stuttered.

I slammed my hands on the desk between us and leaned in menacingly. "WHERE IS IT?!"

James put a hand on my shoulder. "Lyra, she said she doesn't know."

I took in a deep breath and sighed, turning around while trying to stay calm. "But Alex said he left here. So she must know where it is."

"I just left it right here and went to get coffee, when I got back it was gone!" the receptionist defended herself.

"You just left it?!" I turned on her.

"Lyra." This time it was Melody who stopped me from biting the receptionist's head off. "We'll find the money okay? Just calm down."

I glared at her. "Don't you dare tell me to be calm. You of all people should know how much I needed that money! So shut up and stop telling me to calm down because I have every right to be this mad!" I walked off angrily and went to the bathroom to cool off. I splashed my face with cold water in an attempt to calm myself down, when I heard the door open.

"Oh look what the cat dragged in," Sapphire smiled cruelly.

I made a face at her. "And I see that you finally managed to get that designer bag from last month," I smirked at her offended exression. "Oh yeah, I went there." I hardly understood what it was that I had said to her, but I knew it was something that really bothered her. I then left the bathroom, but remembered I had left my phone by the sink and was about to go back in when I heard something.

"Can you believe her," one of Sapphire's cronies was saying.

"Oh don't worry I've got my own way of getting back at her," Sapphire laughed. "I don't know why she needed all that money, but whatever it was for, she won't be getting it back any time soon."

"What have you done with it?" her friend giggled, excited by this new gossip.

"I've decided to put it to much better use than Lyra would've done with it-"

"How dare you." I walked in, unable to stop myself. "We earned that money! You have no right to take it from us!"

Sapphire looked shocked for a second before composing her expression back to its usual condecending smirk. "Oh look who it is."

"Where is it?" I demanded.

"You don't need it." Sapphire sneered. "What were planning on doing with it anyway? I don't know how you got the school to agree to doing it for you but I know that you don't need it."

"You don't know anything about me," my voice was slow and threatening, but I managed to keep it under control. "Just give me the money back. I need it."

"Why? Why is Miss Popular so desperate for this money? What your parents cut off your credit card?" she mocked.

"Shut up."

"You're pathetic, you know that?" she walked towards me, trying to scare me. It didn't work, it just angered me more. "You just want everything don't you? You are just never satisfied by what you have. Just admit it: you are a fake, pathetic, show off who only cares about herself."

"Shut. Up." I said slowly.

"Make me." She smirked.

I slapped her straight across the face, leaving her shocked. "That was for my sister." I then grabbed my phone and walked out, blinking back the tears which always appeared whenever I was really angry.

"Lyra? Where have you been?!" James caught up with me, then saw my face. "What happened?"

I explained everything to him and his expression soon grew dark.

"We need to get the money back." James said. "Come on let's find the others."

Once we had found all the others and explained what had happened, we decided to go to the one teacher we could all trust.

"What do you need?" Sikowitz asked as we walked into his classroom. He hadn't even turned around, so God knows how he knew we were there.

"OH MY GOD SIKOWITZ!" Cece exclaimed.

"What?!" he jumped.

Cece laughed. "HAI!"

He rolled his eyes and turned to the rest of us. "What do you need?" We explained everything to him and he told us the one thing we were afraid he would say: "You don't have enough proof to say that she did it."

"Right okay this is personal. Let me deal with her." My voice was cold and hard.

"I'm coming too." Melody said.

"Go away Melody." I snapped.

"No." She frowned. "I'm going to help you. Don't try to stop me."

I sighed. "Okay fine."

The two of us eventually found Sapphire by her locker, flirting with another boy. "Oh look, it's Little Miss Popular and her charity case."

"Oh look, it's the red-cheeked wannabe." I snapped.

She glared, and then her expression changed. "What did you mean earlier when you said that was for your sister? You don't have a sister."

I blinked. "What? Oh that? No nevermind I just need the money."

Sapphire laughed. "I am not handing that money over to you!"

"Come on Lyra let's go." Melody gave Sapphire a cold look before dragging me off.

"Why'd you do that?!" I whisper-snapped at her.

She just grinned. "Look." She showed me her phone, and it turned out that she had videoed the whole confession from Sapphire about taking the money. "We can take this to the Principle."

~*~

"You're kidding right?!" Sapphire was shocked as the Principle told her she had to give the money back. "I don't even see why she needs it."

"She needs it for her sister who's in the hospital." He told her, before I could stop him.

She looked at me. "Likely story."

I rolled my eyes. "Believe what you want to believe just give us the money."

She groaned and took the envelope out of her bag. "Here."

I sighed in relief.

"Thank you." Melody said to her.

She sneered at us before leaving. The two of us followed her out.

"So why haven't you told your parents about this?" Melody asked me.

I looked down. "It's not like they would care either way." I mumbled. "I need to take this to the hospital."

You're going to get better Scarlette. I promise you.