Chapter 3

Johnny Don't!

"Cherry, Marcia, what the hell?" Bob said as he got out of his car.

Cherry snapped. "'What the hell?' Oh really?! Is that all you've got?"

Cherry looked away from Bob after saying that and walked over to Ponyboy. The wind was blowing her red orange hair.

"Babe listen to us. Just because we got a little drunk?"

She turned to him. "A little? You were reeling and passing out! Bob! I told you I can't stand being with you if you're going to be boozed all the time.."

Randy crossed his arms and grunted,"It gives you no reason to be out here with these bums."

"Who you callin' bums?" challenged Two-Bit as he stood by me and Johnny.

I looked at Two-Bit then Johnny. Johnny looked so pale that I had forgotten his skin color. He was hiding from them, I can tell. I gasped silently.

I covered my mouth with one hand and whispered,"oh dear.. Are you alright?"

He didn't move but nodded a little. I decided to stay quiet.

"Listen greasers. We got four more of us in the backseat.." Randy threatened.

"Well pity the backseat!" Two-Bit snapped.

"If you plan on fighting then.."

"You mean a good jumping?" Two-Bit cocked a brow coolly then blasted the end of an empty beer bottle. "Ohh... I'm looking for a good jumping! Try it pal."

Then he handed Ponyboy a switch blade from his pocket. I was stiff and confused of no idea how to react or what to do. Then Cherry snapped even more.

"Stop! No!" She walked over to Bob. "We'll ride home with you! Just.. Let them go!"

"What?!" I blurted. They peered at me. I wanted to walk with Johnny... but kept my mouth shut.

Two-Bit went on "How come? We ain't scared of em."

That made Marcia chuckle a bit and Randy noticed. He glared at Two-bit narrowly.

"I just can't stand fights.." Cherry said in sorry.

She crossed her arms and went to Ponyboy. I walked over to them too in order to ask what was the matter.

Ponyboy told her,"I couldn't have.. Cherry I couldn't have ever cut anyone."

"I know.. Ponyboy please don't say hi or anything if you see at school. Don't take it personal.. It's just.."

Ponyboy nodded "I know."

Then her last words were "I hope I never see Dallas Winston again. If I do.. I'll fall in love with him."

She walked towards the mustang after that. Ponyboy didn't move and neither did I. Dallas was the tough guy we just met earlier! I knew I had to let him know! But he was sure scary...

"Debra, you coming?" shouted Marcia. She was already entering the car.

Then Ponyboy noticed I was right behind him. I nodded and ran. Then stopped. I took one last look at Johnny. When he turned to look, I smiled.

"Hopefully we meet again my hero.." I said silently.

Then I headed to the car. We were all squeezed in. I realized that I lived just close by Marcia and Cherry since we lived in the same south side of Tulsa. I decided to go to Cherry's house with Marcia and sleep over. We did plenty of things which ended us to staying up late.