Chapter 4

A Soc Helping Greasers

"Are you alright?" I ask Johnny as I stood from stroking Clover's ears.

He gulped and nodded. "Th-thank you! We uh.. owe you. You really saved us."

I looked at his blade. "Indeed.. I hope you weren't gonna use that. It's dangerous."

He nodded quickly and put it away in his pocket. Then I glanced at Ponyboy who was on the ground. I hurried to him on my knees with Clover by my side. Johnny came too.

I felt Pony's head "Do you think he's alright? He's wet all over."

Johnny shook. "I-I don't know.. I think he should be."

I took a look at Johnny and he looked afraid or cold. I frowned and took a step closer to him.

"Oh dear.. You're shaking."

He hesitantly nodded. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

I sighed. Clover whimpered. I remembered that my grandmother waiting in the car. I stood from my knees and looked where the car was. Then I peered at Johnny.

"Come with us. We can give you a ride home."

"What?" He looked surprised. "It's fine. I mean really."

"Definitely not.." I cocked an eyebrow. "Bob and Randy are still out there! Accept this as a token of my gratitude."

He was dead quiet then nodded hesitantly. I think he didn't know what to do. I helped him wake Pony a little and we took him to the car.

Grams was surprised. "My.. Who do we have here?"

"Johnny and Ponyboy. My friends. We're taking them home."

"Oh dear.. He's all wet." She gasped.

I nodded. "Yeah uh.."

"He uh.. slipped and fell in the fountain," Johnny finished for me. I agreed with him.

During the ride to Ponyboy's house, Johnny showed the way. Clover was in the backseat with them and he kept licking Johnny. "Cut it out.."

I giggled,"He likes you, doesn't he? Haha"

Johnny chuckled. "Seems like it."

His smile was attractive. I was speechless. When we got to Ponyboy's place, Johnny mumbled "I'll just stay at Pony's. My parents don't want me home anyway."

I frowned. "Uh excuse me?"

Johnny kept walking while holding onto Ponyboy. I got out the car to help him. Then the door of the house opened and a worried big man rushed to help. A handsome guy came along as well.

"What happened?!" The big guy asked.

"Th-those socs.." Johnny stuttered as he handed Pony to him. "They almost drowned Ponyboy in the fountain."

"Damn those little white trash!"

I was quiet as I just watched them. The big guy set Ponyboy on the couch inside. You could see their house. It was so small compared to mines. The handsome guy smiled at me.

He greeted,"Heya there! I'm Sodapop Curtis. Or Soda. And you are?"

"And I'm Darry,"said the bigger guy as he got out. "We're brothers of Ponyboy's."

"Debra Dovere. Nice to meet you."

Johnny turned and a little smile came from him. "She saved us from the socs."