chapter 6

After a while Josh and I went to dinner. It was nice, as usual. During the meal we talked more about where we want to go on our honeymoon. It was hard to do when you don’ have all the money in the world! We finally decided on Virginia. We could go to the beach there, and there are lots of neat places to see. We might even visit Washington D. C. since we both like that kind of stuff. I’m looking forward to this! I still feel kind of dazed as we talk about the wedding and honeymoon, though- almost like I’m just dreaming.

                After dinner Josh took me home. Jessie was gone; hopefully out with Daniel. Josh said he had to get up early in the morning so he didn’t come in. So with a kiss goodnight, we parted ways.

                I sighed as I walked in to the dorm and tried to figure out what to do until Jessie got home. I finally decided to finish reading my book.  After finishing the book, which took about two hours, I just decided to watch TV. It was getting pretty late when I decided to just go on to bed. Right as I was about to fall asleep, Jessie got home.

                “Hey, I was starting to get worried.” I said which wasn’t a lie.

                “Sorry, I didn’t mean to be so late.”

                “Were you out with Daniel this whole time?”

                “No! Of course not!”

                “Sorry, I was just hoping you were.”

                “Why?”

                “I just hoped it wasn’t something with your family. I just thought maybe his car was having trouble or something.”

                “Oh, well...it was with my stupid family.”

                “Sorry. You want to talk about anything?”

                “No. I just want to forget about everything!” she yelled as she climbed into her bed.

                “I bet. Goodnight then.”

                “Goodnight.” she mumbled.

                Before I fell asleep I said a quick prayer that she’d feel better in the morning. Unfortunately, she didn’t. If anything, she was worst. She hadn’t really even talked to me when she woke up. It was Saturday. Since Josh was out of town for the day, I had just planned on spending the day with Jessie. Jessie was in no mood to do anything. Especially after she got a call from a family member. If they had been standing here, I’m sure she would have seriously hurt them!

                “Is everything okay, Jessie?” I asked after she hung up.

                “What do you think?” she answered rather rude.

                “Well, anything I can help with?”

                “No. I gotta go, bye.”

                Just like that she left. I felt so bad that she so upset. Not to mention I have nothing to do now. I looked at the clock and figured that Josh should still be on the road. Maybe he could talk, it would be better than nothing. I grabbed my phone and dialed Josh’s number.

                “Hey, Princess!” he answered.

                “Hey, are you busy?”

                “Nope. Just driving; I was actually considering calling you. But I thought you might be busy hanging with Jessie.”

                “I wish I was doing something with Jessie. No, she left.”

                “Oh man! Did she have a class today or something?

                “No, family stuff. And she was extremely upset about it.”

                “Things are still not any better?”

                “No, I think they’re getting worst. I’m getting worried about Jessie. You should have seen her last night.”

                “That’s awful. Maybe she was just tired?”

                “That’s what I was hoping. But she seemed worst this morning. She seemed mad at me, but I don’t know what I would have done.”

                “I’m sure she’s not mad at you.”

                “Yeah I know.”

                “I’m sure everything will be better soon. Why not we change the subject before you start getting upset too?”

                “That’s probably a good idea. What shall we talk about?”

                “I don’t care. You pick something.”

                “Hmmmm...We could decide on the colors for the wedding!”

                 “That sounds good. How about orange and green?” he teased.

                “Fine, the girls can wear those colors and the guys can wear pink and purple!”

                “In that case, I’ll be counted as a girl.”

                “Hahaha! So you would rather wear a dress than pink and purple?”

                “How about I be a tom-boy?”

                “But it wouldn’t be as fun that way! But seriously, Josh. What colors should we do?”

                “’Seriously’ I don’t care. You pick all that stuff.”

                “You really don’t care what colors?”

                “Nope. You just tell me when, where, and what time the wedding is. That’s all I need or want to know.”

                “So if I pick pink, you’ll wear it?” I teased.

                “Yeah, I guess. I wouldn’t really care.” he replied. I think he was serious too.

                “Hmmm...I’ll have to remember that...”

                “Hahaha, yeah I’m sure you will.”

                “Nah, I don’t think I like pink anyway.”

                “Too bad...Hey I gotta let you go. I’ll call you tonight, okay?”

                “Oh, okay. Talk to you later. Love you!”

                “Love you too.”