Prologue

Lukha's cheetah form to the side --->
Lukha POV

I ran across the hot and dry dirt. The heat not bothering me any.
My feet graced across the land like a blur. The cool wind brushing across my spotted fur. I was free, and it was times like this I new it was true.

I stumbled under a low hanging tree, situated amongst the smooth swaying grass. I snuggled under a crooked limb, the shade cooling my body.

I was a cheetah shifter, but I've only shifted to my human form once or twice. I was taught at a young age never to shift in the company of humans.

I perked up when I saw a truck breeze by. Hunters, were out again. This time though the truck was different. I couldn't see in the windows at all, too dark.

I stretched my limbs, and took off towards the truck. I wanted to know who was inside.

I jogged a few paces away, so they couldn't see me. An odd scent though, wafted through one of the cracked windows. Smelt like men.

I decided to stop, my whole body was screaming no. I turned abruptly to the way I came. My tree calling to me from afar.

I didn't want to take any unnecessary risks. I've already seen to many animals get dragged out of this safe haven, and I didn't want to be one of them.

I raced back the way I came. Not noticing how the truck stopped when I took off.

Constantine POV

I sat back in my seat. I was yet again on anther hunt for my shifter. It was tradition to obtain one. I wasn't picky, just none of them have caught my eye yet.

I rolled down my window, a trick I've learned to hunt shifters. They run from the smell of humans.

I looked out the glass, gazing for any sign of life, nothing. Just as I was to look away, a blur emerged from the corner of my eye.

A young cheetah took off in the opposite direction. A tiny little thing, with gorgeous spotted fur.

"Stop." I commanded, the truck jerked to a halt in seconds.

I stepped out, shielding my eyes from the blaring sun. I watched the cheetah head towards a broken tree. It's movements quick and subtile.

When it's beauty was well out of my sight, I turned towards my guide.

"Do you think it's a shifter?" My voice came out soft but demanding.

"There is a possibility," the small tan man wrung his hands nervously. "We've been watching that particular cheetah for a while now, we'll catch it for you if you want."

I looked back the way it ran,"I will be accompanying you for the hunt."

The man grinned, and his nervousness vanished in seconds.

"When would you like us to start?"

"As soon as possible, I must leave soon and I don't want to leave empty handed."

"We can start tonight, all wild cats are hunters of the night." He already had his hand on his phone, waiting for the ok.

"Yes, tonight." I confirmed.