Chapter One

Lukha's human form to the side->
Lukha POV

Evening came, and little sunlight was left in the sky. I prefer to hunt in the evening rather than night. At night I can't see anything, but in the evening it's just light enough to see clearly.

I stretched my body, a little groan escaping my mouth. I started to then sniff the air, searching for the scent of death.  I wasn't a very good hunter yet. The grumble of my stomach was a clear indication of that. I haven't eaten in two days, that was already a little to long to be without food.

I smelt blood, and heard a cry, a cry of an injured animal. I was off like a blur. I ran across the now cool grass towards a small cluster of trees and bushes, where the sound was emitting from.

I came to crawl when the sound stopped and the scent was at its strongest. I slowly crept further and further. Trying to identify my prey.

Then as if it was never was their the scent disappeared and I smelt something else. It wasn't something I wanted to smell either. Before I could take off back the way I came. Something stabbed sharply into my leg.

I went crashing down hard into the ground when my eyesight got blurry. Breathing became harder, and the scent of man wafted in my senses.

Someone touched me and I jerked back still wavering in and out of the darkness. I didn't notice something cool touch me until my senses came back and my eyesight wasn't blurry. I couldn't move my legs or my body. All I could do is start to shake when they touched me.

"It will take a minute to see if he can shift sir." A small, lanky man spoke. He was touching my body and pressing into my fur."A beautiful little male, he must of been the runt," he spoke again to someone above me. I couldn't move my head to see. All I knew was that they were all men

Slowly but surely my body started to shake and I felt the shift overcome my body. Breathing became harder, i wasn't used to this body. I could move my limbs again, but I couldn't I didn't know how this body worked. All I could do was curl up into a ball.

I growled when the small man reached a hand out to me. His eyes were wide in wonder, as I shuffled away from him. "He's beautiful."

"Indeed he is," I deep resonating voice answered. My eyes jerked up to the owner of that voice. He was tall, and his hair was the color of the dead grass. His eyes were a dark blue that were fixated on me.

I started to shiver from fear. Large shudders wracked my body.

The smaller man stood up, I jumped at the sudden movement. "Go get the blankets, and grab the sedative just in case he gets wild," he ordered some other men. They scurried off quickly.

I was full of fear, and the way the tall man gazed at me wasn't helping at all.

Constantine POV

I looked down at the young shifter. He was beautiful.Longish black hair with slitted emerald eyes. pale flawless skin, with tiny pink lips. He was stunning. Perfectly fit for me.

He lay curled up on the dirt. His eyes wild and scared. While fearful shudders controlled his body.

Someone handed me a blanket, a light but soft one. I slowly approached him. He shuffled away giving another low growl A warning. I ignored him swooping down and swaddling him up in the blanket so he couldn't move. He struggled a little bit, whimpers leaving his throat.

I held him close to my body. He was so tiny he fit perfectly. He burrowed his head into my shoulder and started to chirp, as I walked towards the car.

"He's calling for his mother, younger shifters have a tendency to do that," my guide answered my silent question, I nodded my head.

I slid into the car, shifting the frail weight in my arms. So he sat in my lap.

"We will need to get him a checkup,with one of our animal doctors."

"We have to get one tonight, I'm leaving tomorrow,"

"No problem sir."

I leaned back in the seat, pulling the blanket open around the cheetahs delicate face. He looked up at me with glowing green eyes. He was absolutely filthy. Dirt was smeared across his face and his hair was oily and greasy. His bottom lip started to tremble when I wouldn't look away from him. I covered his face back up, he was still scared.

When we arrived at our destination I got out and headed for my room. More particularly the bathroom.

"Send the doctor in, in a half hour I'm going to clean him."

"Do you need the sedative," he rushed over holding a needle. I felt the little cheetah flinch when he saw it come close.

"No," I walked away before he could answer.

I placed him down on the bed stomach down. I then went to the adjourning bathroom and started filling the tub with warm water, dumping in some shampoo. To create some bubbles.

When I came back to the room, green eyes were staring at me from the bed. The blanket was over his head and all you could see was his eyes, nose and mouth. His legs were spread out under him. Looking much like frog legs. His little hands tucked under his chin to prop himself up.

I reached up under his arms, he no longer whimpered at my touch. Picking him up under his armpits I carried him,naked, to the bathroom. He stared at me the whole way.

When he saw the bubbles he freaked out. Struggling and clawing to get away as I placed him gently into the tub. I had to keep one hand on him so he wouldn't jump out, as I reached for the soap.

"Hey!" I snapped,"you are going to calm down, it's just water see?" I cupped some water and let it slip through my fingers. He started up his shivers again and looked down as I started to scrub him clean. Washing his thick black hair, and cleaning the smudges from his face. I noticed he started to like it when he began to lean into my touch. It must feel good to finally get clean.

I pulled him out and started to dry him off. He liked that too, and I was surprised when he started to purr softly almost timidly. I swaddled him up again like a baby. Just as I left the bathroom a brisk knock sounded from the door.

"Come in," my voice rang deep.

The man that came in was tall and broad shouldered, like myself. He had an air of confidence around him. I stood up and gave him a firm handshake.

"Hello I'm Osha, I'm a specialist in wild cats, I heard you need me to check this little guy out?" he motioned toward the ball of blankets on the bed. I nodded my head and let him in.

"Cheetahs are a rare find for shifters, we've only obtained a few." He sat on the bed and slowly pulled the blanket off. "I'll hold him," I volunteered when my cheetah moved away from Osha's touch.

I held him in my lap as Osha held a stethoscope to his lungs and back. He looked at his teeth and his throat next. He pulled back,"his human form is very healthy he's just a little malnourished. Now we need to look at his cheetah form."

He pulled a needle out of his pocket. My little cheetah instantly became wild and tried to get away. I held him still as the doctor poked him in the arm.

I watched him shrink to his cheetah form. His already small body getting smaller and smaller. I marveled at how clean his fur looked now.

The doctor took another look at him. Rubbing below his stomach slightly. I felt and heard my cheetah whimper from pain when the doctor pressed harder on that spot.

"What are you doing?" I demanded pulling him closer.

"Testing to see if he can give birth, he can't so you don't have to worry." I nodded hearing about that from someone a while ago."well I'm done with the checkup, he's very healthy and he will be safe to leave the country."

"Thank you," I watched him leave my room.

I looked down at the cheetah in my lap, and then started to pet his back. Wondering to myself his name.