/ Chapter 5 /

My Twin's Teammate

Chapter 5

Walking into school was a little awkward. When Parker said he was going to beat up Nick, he wasn't lying.

Parker didn't leave my side practically all day. Nor did Ryan, which made it more weird.

Parker and Ryan only left to go to their other classes. Which wasn't very often because we had most classes together. Then in the hall they would find me and stay by my side.

"You don't have to walk with me to every class you know?" I told them.

"I do. I don't know about Ryan though. Why are you here?" Parker asked.

"I'm just here because I have nothing better to do."

Then I saw Nick up ahead, and I could tell Parker and Ryan did too because they both went running to catch up with him. I went after them, planning to try and stop them from doing anything stupid.

I was too late. Parker was already straddling Nick on the floor punching him to death while yelling stuff like 'you hurt my sister you have to pay' or 'you broke my sisters heart' or something around those lines.

"Parker stop this. This is stupid. This won't change anything except for him being afraid of you for the rest of his life." I heard Ryan say.

I looked up at him and we locked eyes. He gave me a look that said stop him.

"Parker! Stop!" I yelled at him. Wow. He actually listened to me.

He had a few bruises on his face but it wasn't as bad as Nick. His lip and face was bleeding. His one eye was puffing up and his other eye was black and blue.

Someone came and got Nick and - I think - took him to the nurse. I turned to Parker with a smile on my face. "Thank you."

I jumped into his arms and he laughed and hugged me back. "It wasn't hard."

I released Parker and hugged Ryan. I can tell I took him by surprise because he didn't immediately hug me back, but he did. "Thank you too. You stood by my side also even though you didn't have too."

He cracked a smile then the bell rang for us to get to class.

~*~

After school finally ended, it was pouring rain outside. I ran to my car as quickly as I could, then picked up Ryan and Parker on the way.

When I was driving down the street, I heard a huge crack of thunder. I jumped in fear and my heart started pounding.

I have never been a huge fan of thunder storms. When I was younger, I would hear thunder over night and end up snuggling with Parker to keep me safe because I was always scared.

We finally made it to our house and I bolted to the house right away.

"What's her problem?" I heard Ryan say as I sat on the couch, scared out of my mind.

"She's really scared of thunder storms. If it gets really bad she'll start to freak out."

"I already am freaking out!" I yelled at them when they walked into the living room.

Parker sat down next to me and I lay my head in his lap. Ryan sits where my feet are so I move my feet and put them in his lap.

He gave me a look and I smirked at him.

"Hal, what are you going to do when your all alone and there is a thunder storm?" Parker had to ask me.

"First, I'll climb into my bed and hide under the sheets. Then, I'll call you and make you talk to me either until you get home or when the storm ends."

I saw a flash of lightning and heard a crack of thunder that shook the house. I curled up into Parker putting my head on his chest.

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me. "It's not funny. It's really scary."

I take my head off of his chest and Ryan moves closing to me. He has a scared look on his face...

"I'm not the only one scared of thunder storms. So is Ryan."

"Hey! You can't make fun of me! You're scared too!"

"I never said I was I-" The power going out interrupted me. I quickly wrapped my arms around Ryan and feel his arms slowly wrap around me too.

"Haley don't freak out." Parker said, trying to calm me down.

"I'm not, just really scared!"

"You said that like three times." I heard Ryan say. Once I finally realize that I was hugging Ryan, I let go but he still had his arm around my shoulder.

Another crack of thunder shook the house again and I bolted upstairs to my parents old room. I couldn't see well but I found the bed and just sat.

Memories of my parents flashed through my mind.

The time we went on a family trip to Florida and dad fell off the surfboard.

The time mom tripped on a rock when we went hiking.

All of are great memories and we can't make anymore together. I felt a tear drip down my face and heard a sob escape my lips.

I heard the door open and arms wrap around me. The lights came on again and the persons who's eyes I met was so shocking I almost fainted.

*************************************

At the side/top is Nick Merico who portrays Nick Adams.

Don't be a shy reader, tell me what you think!

VOTE•COMMENT•SHARE

Teaser: The eyes Haley sees is pretty shocking! Parker has a big surprise for Haley and Ryan!