Chapter 2: The Call.

Chapter 2

***Juliet’s POV***

“JULIET MARY-ANNE MATHEWS! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE BEFORE I COME UP THERE AND DRAG YOU DOWN MYSELF!” Ladies and gentleman, my mother in the morning. Little did she know, I’m already up!

“Geez Ma! You could wake up the whole of Africa with that tone!” I said while coming down the stairs.

Today I was rocking some short shorts with a fluffy shirt and blue converse, with some bracelets and a necklace. My phone cover was Gumball from The Amazing World of Gumball and I wore a B-MO hat from Adventure time, and black nail-polish. The shirt was long, so it looked like I wasn’t wearing any shorts, also the fact that the shorts were extra short! (AN/Pic in the external link)

“Julie, you’re going to be late, eat your breakfast. I’ll drop Rider at soccer today.” My mom said “Yeah, okay.” I said while eating my pancakes, drowned in maple syrup.

If I didn’t mention it earlier, I’m mentioning it now, I have a job at a coffee shop. But it’s only for a week because my boss says ‘everyone deserves a summer vacation, even the shop!’ So I have a week left and then I am free to be lazy for the rest of the summer.

*******************************************************

UGH! I hate her! Okay, you’re probably thinking some teenage Barbie; about my own age was spilling coffee on me or something, but nope! I wish! I hated Ms McPhee! She was a customer at the shop that comes daily, with her glasses and newspaper. She’s so picky! She’s crabby, mean, old, and naggy! But, she’s also one of our best customers, so we have to be nice to her! I just hate being nice to people I wanna throw into a brick wall! Here goes nothing.

“Hello Ms McPhee. The usual?” I said with a FAKE smile.

“Yes please, dear.” She said while reading her newspaper, not even looking at me! “And make sure you mix it this time!” she continued. UGH!

“Yes Ma’am!”

***5 minutes later***

It literally takes 5 minutes to make her damn coffee!

“Here you are, Ms McPhee!” I said with a fake smile, yet again!

“Caramelized?”

“Yes!” UGH!

“No caffeine?”

“Yes!” No poison! I thought

“Hot chocolate?”

“Yes!” My cheeks hurt from fake smiling so much!

“7 mini marshmallows? No more, no less?”

“Yes!” UGH!

“Milk?”

“Skimmed, preheated in over at 160 degrees, like always!” I hate you!

“Thank you, dear!” she says while taking a sip. Wait for it! “It’s too cold.” There it is. That always happens! If you just drink it instead of asking me stupid questions, it’ll be hotter! Did I mention I hate her!

“Sorry, ma’am, I’ll make it again.” I said while taking it and throwing it in the sink. UGH! I hate work!

*******************************************************

Work was finally over and Ryan and Chaz were outside waiting for me. How sweet!

“Hey guys!” I said and they said “Hey Julie!” at the same time, while I hugged them. “So skate park again or something else?” I asked. “I was thinking bowling!” Ryan beamed. “Someone’s exited to go bowling today!” I said. “Well yeah, I’m meeting a girl there!” he said while scratching the back of his neck, in embarrassment. “Oooh, let’s get going, don’t wanna keep the lucky girl waiting!” I teased which earned a chuckle from Chaz.