Chapter 17

!!!!!!Previously An Alphas Possession!!!!!!

Hey y'all! So yesterday I hit 40,000 views! That's like almost half a tenth of a million!!

{Gotta be optimistic ;)}

So anyways. as you might have noticed. I've changed the title to Identical Dissolution. I had thought that the previous title was very abundant and decided to change it to something more captivating.

So if you don't mind, leave a comment about what you think, I read all the comments you guys leave for me. If you have a suggestion, I'll take it into consideration, so feel free to leave your input!

Enjoy!!

~Lane's Point of View

Just as the door to the office slams behind me, the news of the events taking place washes over me like ice water. There's a war going on and people want to kill Riley, Silos and me. Felix knows I'm related to Silos who is possibly his worst enemy or more like the kingdom he's going to run's enemy. This cannot be anyone's fault but my own. If I hadn't turned eighteen, if I hadn't went to the kitchen for breakfast that one morning, if I didn't exist this would've never happened. The agony and stress people I care dearly for are being put under is all because of me. Why couldn't Felix have found a different mate? One with beautiful blonde hair or eyes that you can easily get lost in, is less to deal with. Why?!

My feet root to their place on the floor and all the air escapes my lips. My right palm stretches over my beating heart. An ache settling in its awake. Memories flash back to me of all the times this same pain has struck me. The same feeling of being overwhelmed. As if being suffocated by an unknown force. I arch my back, hands taking place on my wobbling knees. The next thing I know, I'm darting through the halls, down the stairs and out the front doors. Déjà vu hit me as my body tumbled to the floor. Back to the floor, hands clawing at my throat, and hair sprawled across the grass.

The same suffocation from a few weeks ago.

The same reaction when my parents had died in that car crash years back.

I was having a panic attack.

Dread washed over me as my eyes looked everywhere; anywhere; somewhere, searching for someone who can help before I'm knocked out cold.

~

I groan as rays of light decide to wake me up from my undisturbed rest. My nose scrunches and my body unconsciously turns away from the source, but something cool against my wrists and ankles prevent me from turning the whole way. The object supporting me groaning under the weight, as if it's about to fall to pieces. My brows furrow. What's going on?

Something wet drops from above me and onto my forehead, sliding down the side of my nose, leaving a wet trail behind itself. My eyes fly open as I leap forward but am bounded back to the asylum bed by what had held me back when I was at rest. Worn out leather cuffs clasp my wrist in a tight grip and binds me to the bed, same goes for my ankles.

Where am I?

Squinting my eyes, I look around me and take note of my surroundings, looking for anything that'd give me a clue as to where I could be. The walls are bare of paint, sheer dark gray covered the barrier and floor, but with small shards of glass and dirt covering the floor. An old wooden door stood out, cracks clearly visible. Light streams through a small opening with bars securing it to my left and to the top, giving the room the appearance of a prison cell. Another drop hit the top of my head having me blink suddenly and turn to look at the ceiling only to see that it's nothing but a rusted metal sheet with holes that have been caused by decay. Dirty water drips though the small holes all around the room, scattered, and one being on top of my head.

With as much force, power and energy in me, I struggled against the chains. Trying my best to break free from the binds but can't help but feel as if it only makes them tighter.

I jump in shock as the door is suddenly flung open and slams against the wall. With the sudden slam of the already damaged door, I had least expected it to stay on its hinges. The first thing that comes to view would be a pair of worn out, black combat boots. My eyes slowly trail up the black cargo pants, accompanied by a black tank top. I guess this person's favorite color's black. Finally, my eyes stop on a pair of bleak green eyes. Instead of a bright green, it was a dull pearl green. A scar ran from the corner of his left eyebrow to a half inch below his cheekbone. His plump lips, dried until it resembled the deserted ground of the Sahara.

A step forward had me pushing myself up and back, hoping, wishing that the wall could swallow me whole. I don't know who this person is and I most definitely don't want to. It's as if a lump gets lodged in my throat when he stops at the side of the bed I lay on.

"Who are you?" my voice comes out hoarse. He wears a sly grin on his face. He places a hand on the other side of me, making me jump but all he does is chuckle and lean forward. The back of my head hits the wall, preventing me from backing away any further as he continues to get closer. His face a mere inch away, and with each exhale, his breath envelopes my senses. He leans forward again and afraid of what he might do my eyes shut tightly and my lips purse. A shiver runs down my spine but not in the same manner as the ones I get when around Felix and Caden. No. This one was sharp, as of someone running the tip of a sharp blade down my back. Hot breath blows against my ear.

"Federico Di Sanchez."

With my gears twisting and turning, I try and recall any information about a man named Federico but to no avail. He pulls away with a sigh. "But of course you wouldn't know who I am." He walks to the small window, his hands locked together behind his back. "Do you know what honor is?" he doesn't stop to give me a chance to reply, "It is great esteem. And with that comes high respect or loyalty as some call it. You see, there had been someone I gave my respect to and I did so with pride. But when the time came, he had broken my trust. The trust that had been formed after years of friendship and what for? Family. Have you ever heard of an eye for an eye?" He turns around to look at me. Expecting for him to answer, I remain silent but when he scowls in response, I nod my head vigorously. He tilts his head up, portraying self-confidence. "Well, this person had decided to take my eye. My love. My life." He narrows his eyes at me as he takes in shallow breaths. "All for you. If it weren't for you, my mate would be by my side!"

Federico strides towards me and grasps my wrists tightly. He pins them against the wall as he snarls at me, his eyes now a pitch black. One of his hands release and grab at my neck, squeezing. Immediately my oxygen supply is cut off and my free arm isn't hesitant to claw at his arm. My mouth opens wide trying to inhale but nothing gets taken in. My eyes are wide in panic and my legs flail around. It's as if the world began to fade away. As if the sun had blown up and darkness was taking over. Suffocating to death was not the way I had pictured my way out of this place but I guess this was meant to happen. My arms began to go limp as I slowly began to give up.

Before the darkness could drag me away, the hand around my neck is yanked off and it's as if my body is shocked back to life. My mouth opened wide as it gulped down patches of air at a time and coughing frantically. My hands, now both free, wrap around my throat as if to protect it from any potential threat as I try to get my breathing back in order. With watery eyes, I look up and see Federico being held back by three men as he tries to pry them off to get to me. My body unconsciously crushes itself into the corner of the room, trying to stay as far away from the threat.

Federico is dragged out of the room to his refusal. The door is slammed shut once more, still remaining in one piece. My deep inhales echo around the bare room as my eyes fall heavy. My wrist in pain as they attended to my injured throat that is most likely bruised. My eyes are hooded and slowly close as my head rests gently against the flat pillow and the water from the ceiling above, drips away.

Though, at the state I remain in up until I'm consumed by exhaustion, it is the least of my worries.

Vote&Comment

Please :D