Surrending Before the War Starts

<><>Absol's POV<><>

"Who said that?!" I listen to Serena talking. "What's the problem? I don't hear anything," I comment, replied by Ash, who says, "me neither."

Then, I hear a sharp intake of breath next to me. "The voices."

Voices? What voices? But Ash yelps, "the same ones?!" Serena's voice is tight as she confirms, "yes. The same ones as last time."

Last time? What last time?

"Explanation?" I prompt. Sighing, the girl replies, "long story short, they're the ones who told me to find the Star Realm."

So it is the actual shards.

I growl at the darkness, bristling at the entrance of Darkrai. "You!" I snarl. "What do you want?!" The laugh sends shivers up my spine, despite my efforts to withhold them.

Ah, a lot of things, little Absol. But now, the show must begin.

Dim lights glow all around us, and I notice my paws shackled to the ground, Serena and Ash tied up against pillars, and Pikachu nowhere to be seen.

Darkrai, however, hovers in the air in front of us.

Serena jumps in, "and what did you mean about 'it' being 'the actual shards'?! Tell me!"

My, my, how confident, how vain. Did you ever think of the possibility of your tongue getting the best of you? Who are you to order me to give you that information?

But the human's gaze remains strong and steady, unbroken by the threat. Again, Darkrai laughs.

Your boldness and bravery amuse me. Very well, I shall tell you.

I can tell Serena's taken a back a little by this answer. Darkrai continues.

The voices you hear are triggered by the presence of these stones. The nightmarish Pokémon reveals the Evolution Shards in its hands.

The girl next to me struggles against the ropes. "The shards- but I was very far away from them when they first got in my head. How? And you're saying they originated from them?"

So many questions, child. They entered your mind from a distance that far away because of the existing bond of trust between you and another being.

Whatever had happened that day, Serena must've been closer to Ash than ever.

"How do you know all this?" Ash inquires.

I've traveled back in time from the future, insolent boy. And just so you know, that one- the Dark-type gestures to me- came from here, too.

I'm grateful I told them this beforehand. A lot of confusion would've been raised, if not for that. "We know," Ash states.

Well. That makes everything a lot simpler.

Darkrai disappears for a moment, reappearing with an object in his hand. It glows a bit, illuminating the cave. I grimace.

The Orb of Beginning.

<><>Ash's POV<><>

I watch with intense focus as Darkrai slowly drifts down to Serena's level. I grit my teeth and hold back my shouts.

Did you know that the moment the mark on your hand comes in contact with this Orb, Primia will be summoned?

Wait. So he's planning to...

Dread overcomes me. Rage, as well. I know, I just know, if Primia enters and is controlled by Darkrai, Serena will never forgive herself.

I can't restrain myself any longer. I yell, "Darkrai, get away from her!"

The Pokémon cackles. Did I anger you? Never mind. This girl was the cause of the future you see now. With my interference, of course, it will become even worse.

Serena struggles helplessly, closing her hand in a tight fist so Darkrai is unable to place the Orb on her hand.

Open your hand willingly, or... I will use force.

He can't. Don't.

Please. Don't!

I almost say my thoughts aloud. My thoughts of maybe Serena releasing her will, letting him summon Primia, letting her stay safe.

But of course, that's not an option. Of course, she'll get hurt in the end, if that happens. Of course, it's obvious she'll never give up.

Never give up until it's over.

In the end, is that what we want?

<><>Serena's POV<><>

I won't. I refuse. He can hurt me, he can beat me up, but I won't. Both Ash and Absol have taught me an important lesson.

Ash, the one day where he had saved me. Absol, the one day you told us your tale, the one of you time traveling to the past, just to save the future.

They never gave up.

The voices begin to speak out.

Are you sure you will do this? Endure the pain, even if, most likely, Darkrai will have access to the mark after he harms you? Wouldn't it be better just to get off unscathed?

I grimly smile, awaiting the pain that is surely to come.

Of course. Even if it does manage to summon Primia. I won't go down without a fight. If I did... there would be nothing worse than that: surrendering before the war starts.

The last thing I hear before darkness consumes me is...

"SERENA!!!"

====================

I wrote this chapter really fast xD I managed to finish it since my last upload! I'm proud of myself xD anyways, this is really cheesy (maybe?) but it sounds good, so...

Hope you enjoyed! :)

~TheDreamRider