End of the End

<><>Ash's POV<><>

When those words are uttered from Serena's mouth, my heartbeat quickens. A way... a way to defeat it. That's right.

It's not unstoppable. I regret to admit in the heat of the battle, this is a fact that I did forget.

"You seem confident," Serena speaks up, undaunted. "Are you still open to questions?" The smoke clears, and the giant head nods, gesturing Serena to go ahead.

"Your weakness." She points to a specific point on Wolvarak. It's where the wing and body connect. "That's your fatal point, right?"

I startle, amazed. She figured that out by herself?

IF IT PLEASES YOU, YOUR GUESS IS CORRECT. THAT IS MY WEAK SPOT- HOWEVER, IT IS HARD TO HIT, USUALLY ONLY BEING ABLE TO BE TARGETED AT POINT BLANK RANGE.

This is what she meant by a path to victory, huh... Seems good to me!

"Nice work!" I compliment. Blushing a little, the girl nods, smiling. "In one way or another, the battle will end, and soon."

A sudden gust of wind blows our way, and we struggle to hold our ground. Wolvarak's wing's beat ferociously, granted him access to the sky.

I WILL REPEAT MYSELF. IT IS HARD TO HIT. CAN YOU DO THIS WHEN I'M FLYING?

I step forward. "Yeah," I say. "Yeah, we can. We have to. For everyone's sake..."

I take another step, and another, fighting the unrelenting gales of air. Serena watches me for a bit, then closely follows my actions.

THE CHANCE OF YOUR WIN IS EXTREMELY LOW, YET YOU KEEP MOVING FORWARD.

"That small chance of victory is all we need!"

THOUGH IT IS A QUITE REMARKABLE AND ADMIRABLE QUALITY, SOMETIMES, ONE NEEDS TO KNOW WHEN TO GIVE UP.

"Giving up isn't an option. Didn't you say so yourself? No pity, no turning back?"

THE THOUGHTS OF SAVING EVERYONE FILL YOU WITH DETERMINATION...

...

AND YOU USE THE DETERMINATION TO SURVIVE, AND ENDURE ANY OBSTACLE THAT APPROACHES YOUR WAY.

Just. Like. This.

I plant my foot into the ground, readying my arms, hands flexed. Wolvarak's right. Because we shoulder the largest burden of all, we have determination.

And this determination also fires us up, for whatever we need to do.

The power itself converts into aura, and I feel incredible energy surging through my outstretched arms. I tighten up, preparing myself for the huge blast.

And when it does, the explosive power still knocks me back.

I roll and fall beside Serena, who quickly aids me, helping me up. "Ha... that was nothing," I mutter. "I've felt much worse before."

I watch the beam travel towards Wolvarak's wing and contact it. Roaring with agony, the injured legendary ceases its attacks.

Serena and I slump from tiredness.

A NICE TRY... BUT AGAIN, IT DID NOT HIT MY WEAK SPOT.

I exhale. "I didn't aim for it. I just needed to get you to stop. For this!" With a comprehending nod to Serena, we take off running, straight towards Wolvarak.