Chapter One

I woke up, sweat dripping off my face, I looked around I was still in the hospital.

I'm glad that's over, I thought.

"Had the nightmare again Max?" Asked my sister right next to me, she had long brown hair reaching down to her shoulders with hazel eyes; she was wearing jeans and a blue top with joggers on her feet. I had short black hair, and hazel eyes; we both got them from Dad. Beth got her hair from Mum, and I still don't understand why she didn't get Mums blue eyes.

"Yeah I did," I replied. I was wearing a black T-shirt with jeans; my joggers were on the floor. The nurse's were nice here and said I could just wear normal clothes instead of wearing the hospital uniform. There was a bed next to mine where Beth slept; the hospital was kind in letting her have a bed right next to me. It only felt like yesterday since we were in that warehouse.

At that moment a doctor came to check on my injures

"Hello Max," He smiled.

"Hey," I returned the greeting.

"Just doing a quick check up," He explained. "Do you feel faint?"

"No," I said, my injures we're healing well.

"That's good, but you have a slight problem," He said.

Beth shot me a concerned look, I could see it in her eyes, and ever since we had that adventure, our relationship has improved. Beth used to be a snob, she never wanted anything to do with me, she used to break stuff out of anger and blame it on me. I started getting pissed off when my parents took her side; I was fourteen at the time when I decided to run away through my bedroom window. A month passed with me living on the streets, it was hard. I taught myself how to fight, you had to if you wanted to live, and on that mouth I turned fifteen. I was no longer a sacred boy; I had toughened up a bit, which in a way was good.

"What kind of problem?" Beth asked.

"He's in good condition, there's nothing wrong with him, physically," The doctor paused. "But mentally, he is still unstable. If he receives another blow to the head, it could be disastrous for him, or at least make the injury worse."

"What do you mean?" She asked, confused.

"He hasn't fully recovered from the jolt to his head; another hit could send him into shock or a coma. A little rest and relaxation and he will be as right as rain... Let's say two weeks in bed."

The news shocked me, but if you think about it, it made sense. I got bashed with a pan, smashed with a pole, and had an entire warehouse crumble down on me (It's a long story).

Beth stared at me, horrified.

"Thank you doctor," I said faking my smile.

The doctor left the room, leaving me and Beth to ponder what he had told us, she was still staring at me.

"Stop it!" I said feeling a little irritated. Beth ignored me.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing," I lied.