Timing [Mayuzumi Chihiro]

"I already told you, it's damn easy!" Chihiro's frustration was evident in his voice. He didn't even bother hiding it from his face. His brows furrowed, face scrunched up in annoyance. He had even started mumbling things-- which you could only guess to be a short line of curses. How sweet.

"Show it to me again!" you demanded. He was helping you with Physics since it was his best subject and not your best subject and all.

"Did you even freakin' listen to me? How the hell could you not understand it?!" he raised his voice slightly. But you were kinda used to it even though he rarely does it.

"Well, sorry Mr. Science Genius, maybe your just explanation just sucks," you replied also raising your voice slightly to match his. Having known him for almost your entire life, this kind of little friendly quarrel wasn't anything new. Chihiro wasn't much of a talker with other people, but actually, he was one of the most talkative persons you know.

"You must be just too dumb," he rolled his eyes.

"Sheesh, just stop complaining, we both know you'll end up teaching me again anyway," you said. He just groaned. Chihiro could never say 'no' to you.

"Just what will you do when we get to the more complicated lessons?" he grumbled. Still, Chihiro went to your side and looked at your notes. "Tell me which part you can't understand, let's focus on that first,"

Truth was, you never listened to him. Why, you've always liked Chihiro more than a best friend. How could you possibly focus on Physics when you were alone with Chihiro in your room? Your gray-haired friend was surely much more interesting than the subject.

You hear his voice, but his words didn't register to you. His voice... Right, his voice. You loved his voice.

"-- it said 'uniform speed' which means its acceleration is zero-- hey you dummy, are you even listening?"

"Of course, the acceleration is zero right?" you said absentmindedly while simply adoring Chihiro's features. He just looked too cute even when he's frowning.

He sighed, "What number?"

"What?"

"What number were we supposedly talking about?" he asked crossing his arms.

Crap, you really should have listened.

Chihiro heaved a sigh. "Never mind just let me see your answer on number 5,"

Reluctantly, you turned the page on your notebook where the solution was then pushed it towards him. Right after the moment he saw it, Chihiro said, "Holy-- what even-- how does your freakin' brain even work?!"

"Goodness Chihiro, you're actually a very loud person," you said glaring at him playfully.

"Because this damn stupidity is beyond imagination," he deadpanned, "Even the usual very silent Mayuzumi Chihiro had to freakin' react,"

Chihiro had been insulting you, so you decided to return the favor. Not that you were offended, you'd be a failure of a best friend if you were. You turned your back towards him and hugged your knees towards yourself pretending to be upset.

"Look, your illustration of the problem is just so wrong," Chihiro said, "Don't even dream about answering it correctly if you can't even draw it-- hey, what are you-- oh shit, did I say something wrong again?"

Looks like he finally noticed your little act. You buried your face to your knees and hid the smile that was on your lips.

"Hey,"

You remained silent.

"Say something," the worry in his voice was so evident. You had to control the giggle that was about to escape your lips.

"Look, I didn't mean it, okay?" you heard shuffling from his direction then you could already feel his presence right beside you. Chihiro was literally so close to you. You heard him sigh deeply.

"Sorry," he said only more than a whisper. A soft giggle escaped your lips, hardly audible but it was there. And so you decided to end the act. But before you could do anything, you felt his hands tickle your side. You couldn't control your laughter.

"Ch-Chihiro!" you managed to say between your laughs.

"You little shit, making me worry like that," in no time, his arms were around you still tickling your sides. After just a few seconds, he stopped assaulting your sides. And on that time, you realized that you were already on top of him your back on his chest. You gasped for breaths while you just enjoyed the moment that his arms were still around you.

"You're heavy," he said though his voice was very playful. Before completely getting off him, you pushed your weight on him earning you a soft grunt.

"I'm not heavy!" you pouted.

He got up on a sitting position and smirked at you, "How would you know? I was the one who got crushed by your insane weight."

You glared at him, but his smirk just widened a little. You could never get mad at Chihiro. And you knew that he knew that well. So he rarely holds back with his sharp tongue when he's with you. You know so well how that guy loves to insult others in his thoughts. That jerk.

"Hey ________," he said his tone changing a little. Chihiro was no longer in his "teasing mode".

"What?"

"I like you," he said it so simply as if he was telling you something about the weather instead of a three-word sentence that could just make you the happiest person on Earth.

"What?"

He chuckled.

"I like you,"

"I already know that we're best fr-"

"Sheesh, stop playing dumb- oh wait you don't even need to act like one- but seriously, I know you know what I'm talking about," he said his voice infuriatingly even.

"Oh,"

He seemed so amused with your speechlessness. Wasn't he even worried that this might break your friendship?

"Well?" he said.

"You don't know anything about timing, do you?" you replied raising an eyebrow. A confession after insulting you, your intellect and your weight... Real sweet, Chihiro, real sweet.

He laughed lightly, "Who cares? You like me too, anyway."

"You're impossible," you blurted out. So he knew?

"Thanks," after that, he moved to the low-rise table and picked up your notebook again. And now he was acting like nothing happened? You moved to his side and elbowed him. He didn't even react or anything.

"Hey jerk," you called him. You felt Chihiro's eyes on you, but you refused to make any eye contact.

"Why, idiot?" anticipation was evident in his voice, as if he already knew what you wree going to say.

"I like you too,"

---------------

Nijicchi's Nonsense: A happy one! Yay! I am ending my angst-writing streak here I'll just start a new one because it's my friend's birthday(yesterday)! ^.^

PHYSICS IS MAYUZUMI'S BEST SUBJECT! I don't think you have any idea how happy I was when I learned about that! *o* I kinda like Physics,okay? xD

A Different Kind of Game [Kuroko no Basuke - Various x Reader]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें