Four Words [Nijimura Shuzo]

Sequel to Admirer... I assume you've read it already if you're here XD

------------------

After rejecting your confession, Nijimura Shuzo had gone completely out of your reach. Or more like, you realized that he was never within your reach.

No longer did you exchange smiles along the hallways. You would look away even before he could do anything. Nijimura never tried to talk to you. Why would he? All connections with him had been cut when you confessed, when he rejected you...

And so, you just watched him from afar while he playfully hit his underclassmen with that tube where his diploma was. Nijimura looked happy and carefree. While there you were, hopelessly staring at him thinking all about the what if's.

What if I didn't confess? Would you be there in that little crowd surrounding him too? Would he hit you playfully with that tube too? Would you-- stop. It's all useless.

You confessed. He rejected you. All ties were cut. And that's it. Hello broken-hearted life.

It hurt to see Nijimura smile; seeing that breath-taking smile just makes you remember how he used to freely offer them to you. Of course he couldn't just give them to you anymore, that would be really awkward and misleading. You turned away. This day may be the last day you'll see his smiling face, but you couldn't bear to withstand the pain of seeing him.

"Like seriously, Shuzo?" you heard a guy laugh after the statement. They must have been talking about something hilarious then... But you heard them just fine which meant they were just close.

"Hey," you heard him right behind you. Why? Why, Nijimura-senpai? Why are are you talking to me?

"C-Congratulations, Senpai," you replied not sure what to say, what to do. Why did Nijimura have to talk to you? It would do the two of you better if he just acted like you didn't exist. It would be much easier...

"Err, thanks..."

"What do you want?" you asked deciding not to beat around the bush. The sooner he gets what he wanted the sooner you could get rid of him from your life.