My Universe

My life was simple. I was born 18 years ago in the night on September 5th. The labor wasn't long and after I popped out I was given the name Lauren Alyx Turner. I was of mixed race being as my mom was Caucasian and my dad was African-American and I had long light brown hair. I grew up in a big house on the top of a hill in Providence, Rhode Island.

As I grew up I always seemed to fall in line with all the popular girls in school, even though I was fairly nerdy. I sang from the time I was young and now that I was in high school I was in honors choir. I spent most of my time with 3 of my friends.

One of those friends was Ava West, she was rich beyond belief and spoiled beyond belief and didn't mind showing it she had long blonde hair and usually preferred to wear dresses and skirts. Another one of my friends was Abby Jefferson she was pretty much as rich as Ava but way more modest about it, she was shy and spent most of her time living under Ava's shadow she had short brown hair and wore whatever Ava wore. And lastly was Luna Amal, she was a Indian foreign exchange student who always brought the rest of us back down to Earth she had black hair and tan skin.

We drove to school together every morning and did everything together. Even though we were all best friends I was extremely different from each one of them. I was nice, I liked helping people and doing good deeds and being a good person whereas they mostly didn't care about anyone but themselves. One of my favorite past times was eating lunch with homeless people. One of my favorite homeless person was a older guy who was in his 40s and his name was Peter Douglas but I called him Petey.

I had woken up that morning to another day in my perfect life. I took a shower, pulled on a pair of black leggings, a P!ATD shirt, pair of black Converses, a leather jacket, and a beanie. I grabbed my backpack, told my mom I didn't need breakfast, and waited for Ava's car to pull in my driveway.

So, yeah. That was my life. That was my reality. And that was my universe. And it was perfect, maybe a little to perfect.