Chapter 2

A/N: Hiiii!! Riley here. I'm so sorry, this took me like a month to write. You can't believe how much homework my school can actually give me in only one week. It should actually be illegal, it's like child abuse, no kidding. 

Anyway, I finally finished this chapter, after a lot of request from my friend Ci (what would I do without you, honey. Probably never finish this fic). So yeah, you can thank them for the fact that I'm posting this now and not in 3 years from now. Like I said in that first author's note, I don't know how regularly I'll be updating, but those 17 of you who've read, be patient. It will come :)

I think you should know I didn't really bother to proof-read because I am lazy as fuck, so I'm going to trust my PET (English test) Results that it's well written and actually makes sense. 

Also, I feel like I should warn you that there is a MILD-SMUT ALERT. It's not that big of a deal, really, because I can't seem to be able to write a good smut scene (which could be fueled by my paranoia of my fanfic being found by irl people who actually know me and think I'm a perv with a gay fetish), but that'll have to do. Sorryyy.

Well, I think that's it. A lot of swearing, blah blah blah, the usual. You were the ones who signed up for this shit. This chapter is a bit short, but I'll try to make the next one longer.

Okay I'll stop rambling now. I'm going to end up boring you. Be sure to vote and comment! And, of course, enjoy!!

~Riley

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

The puddle of water next to my bedside table has already evaporated by the time Gerard and I get home. I found him in the park, sitting under the big pine tree that, for some reason, is always alone, unnoticed by other people. It's his favorite place to hide when he's feeling... well, when it's something to do with Frank. He had his knees up to his chest, and he was hugging them, staring into nothingness. I got there and sat next to him, and tried to stare at whatever he was seeing, but my brother's mind is such a complicated place, I could see nothing.

"Frank asks if you're okay," I said after a few minutes of silence. Gerard didn't look at me. "Look, Gee, I don't want to get between you two, but do you really think Frank meant what he said? I mean... I don't want to bring flashbacks or anything, but you are kind of blind." Still, nothing. I sighed, imitating his pose and resting my chin on my knees. We stayed like that for a while, before he rested his head on my shoulder, and we stared into nothingness together. Then, with unspoken words, we got up and got home.

So now, the puddle has evaporated and my wooden floor has a permanent stain of water. I text Frank, letting him know that Gerard is okay, and, when I make sure that Gerard isn't asleep, I go into his room (the basement) and stand by the stairs while he wraps up the song he's playing in the piano. It's actually a very pretty, very, very sad song. When he's done, he turns to look at me expressionless.

"What's up, Mikes?" he says plainly. I really hate when Gerard's in this mood; it makes me want to punch him in the face.

"Ray called" I say, walking up to his bed and sitting on the edge. "He said Patrick Stump called and asked to meet with us. I told Ray to tell him to be in that bar like a block away at nine. Is that okay?" I ask, uncertain. I mean, I probably should have asked him about it before setting a date and all, but he... probably wouldn't have appreciated it.

"At nine? Yeah, sure. Did he say what he wants?" Gerard asks, turning back to his piano, but not playing anything. Just staring. Always staring.

"Invite us to this huge trip or something like that". He nods and plays a chord, and I take that as my cue to leave.