Chapter Two

Today is the first anniversary party of my company. I felt nervous and couldn't relax. I thought about Gabriela Rivolli. She was invited because she's also a model. There is a possibility Noah will be her date since she confirmed her attendance with a "plus one."

I stared at my reflection in the mirror and sighed. I look good. I am very confident whatever I wear. I am also a model and studied fashion anyway. I am wearing a white designer crop top with skirt like design, my belly and right shoulder exposed, made by myself.

I sighed heavily and readied myself for the party. My driver arrived on time. It's almost seven and need to be at the event in 7:15 for my grand entrance. My family were already there.

When we arrived at the venue, paparazzi are everywhere throwing questions. I smiled and waved at them before entering inside. Life of a celebrity sucks. I never wanted to be in the lime light. It's just that modelling paid my tuition fee during college despite my parents' disapproval.

Everyone greeted and congratulate me warmly. My mom and dad hugged me and also my sister and brother. I thanked everyone and smiled. When the host called my name to give my speech, I started to get nervous again. I went to the stage with a champagne flute in my hand.

I looked at everyone and smiled before I start my short speech.

"Good evening everyone. Thank you so much for joining me to celebrate SVM Modelling and Clothing Corporation's First Year Anniversary. I am so honored to see you all here. First, I would like to thank my mom and dad for supporting me in everything." I glanced at them and give them a happy smile.

"Also, to all my staff who made everything possible, for joining me through ups and downs. To all my clients, business partners and models, a big thank you. This will never happen without you all. Let's start and enjoy the party!" I raised the flute of champagne and loudly said "CHEERS!" Everyone raised their champagne then cheered.

They all applaud when I came down from the stage. Everyone congratulates me again and continue to party. Drinks and food are everywhere. Some dance in the middle of the ballroom.

I am enjoying the party and talking to my model friends when I saw Gabriela going to my direction. I looked at her side but didn't saw anyone with her. I frowned but smile warmly at her. When she was near, she enveloped me in a tight bear hug. Just like what we did before.

"Oh my God Sof! You're really a successful one. Congratulations on your first year of success! You look gorgeous gosh!" She beamed and we both giggled like a school girl.

"Thanks Gabby! I'm so happy to see you again. It's been so long. Where have you been? You just eloped and disappeared." I answered while hugging her back. Still looking for her date or something. Really Sofia?

She gave me a huge smile and told me she will tell me everything some other time since she wouldn't let this moment to be our last meeting. I nodded and asked her "Where is your date? I thought you have a plus one with you?"

"Oh, he just went to get our drinks. He will be he--oh here he is." She smiled and looked at my shoulder. I felt nervous and waited for her date to appear in front of us. I felt my palm sweating and my knees were like a jelly.

"Hey sugar, here's your drink." I heard him said and my body froze after hearing his voice again. Sugar? Really? I felt jealous again. Why would I?

"Thanks, Nono. By the way I want you to meet my very successful friend here." Gabriela said excitedly and held Noah's hand with her to look at my direction. Nono? Really?

I glanced at their hands, so I didn't noticed Noah's eyes were staring at me. Looking at me from head to toe. I glanced up with a hurt expression in my eyes and our eyes locked. I saw confusion in his eyes then changed into a warm smile immediately. I really need to control myself.