Dinner With A Vampire. Did I Mention I'm Vegetarian? (4)

Dinner With A Vampire. Did I Mention I'm Vegetarian? (Chapter 4)

"W... What?"

Okay, either this was some sick joke, or I was dreaming. No. Dreaming is far too idyllic a word.

It was a nightmare.

Fabian grimly nodded, his face more than serious.

"Is this some sick joke or something? 'Cos if it is, I swear"-

"It's not a joke Violet," said one of the boys whose name I didn't know. He was tall, and had short fiery red hair and dark brown eyes.

"Okay, let me get this right. You want me to cover up for you, even though you are cold-blooded murderers, and just slaughtered thirty men right in front of my eyes. You have taken me hostage, and now you are telling me you are vampires, and that I have to become one too." I let out a disgusted laugh. "Slight loophole there. Vampires. Don't. Exist."

Right?

Before I could say another word, I was flying through the air, coming to a splintering halt against the wall. I let out a moan as my spine felt like it was shattering against the whitewash walls. Kaspar was pressed up against me, his hands either side of my head. I shrank back as far as I could. I winced as my back arched. That was going to hurt in the morning.

His lips brushed against my neck, gently running up and down. I felt his icy breath, his heaving chest, his strength. I felt his seductive gaze, his power, his hunger.

I felt his dead heart.

I was totally helpless. And I knew it. He was built to kill. And I really wasn't.

His razor sharp teeth traced the line of my throbbing vein, before gently piercing my skin. I gritted my teeth, taking the pain, but still a wince escaped my lips. It hurt. But seconds later, he drew back, his body still pressed against mine, stopping my escape. He looked me straight in the eyes, and my breath caught.

His eyes were stunning. They were a dark emerald, the colour of only the purest jewels, standing out against the whites of his eyes like the moon does the night sky. You did not fall into them, more become mesmerized by them.

True beauty, nature's finest, darkest creature.

"Listen carefully. I am fucking vampire royalty, girly, and you will do what I want. So be careful what you say, because you never know when your darkest nightmares will come true." He pulled away, and backed off. I stood there stunned, unable to move for a full minute. I looked at each and every one of them. They were not lying. They were not murderers, they were predators.

Slowly I recovered, and my hand scrabbled behind me, searching for the door handle. I found it and pulled the door open, falling out of the room. I slammed it shut behind me, and leant against the marble wall of the entrance hall. I doubled over, hands on my knees, mind overloading. It was too much. I felt my neck. To my horror, running down my neck was a single drop of blood. I drew my finger back, staring at it in horror.

They really were vampires.

Something clicked in my mind, and everything slotted into place. They wanted me to make a decision I was not prepared to make. I would not make. I had to get out of here.

I sprinted towards the doors, thanking the heavens the butler had gone.

I had to run, and I had to run now.

**************

"You shouldn't have done that man." Fabian said.

"Yeh, I know." I sighed, throwing myself down on the sofa. "But she wouldn't have got it otherwise. Besides, its just some human girl, and since when did we care about mortals?"