Dinner With A Vampire. Did I Mention I'm Vegetarian? (9)

Dinner With A Vampire. Did I Mention I'm Vegetarian? (Chapter 9)

"So, how would you describe your style?" Lyla asked, pulling random clothes down from the racks.

We were stood in her gigantic wardrobe, surrounded by more clothes than I had ever seen in my life. I barely heard her. I was pre-occupied. The scene with Kaspar yesterday kept playing itself over and over in my mind, tormenting me. I hadn't told anyone, and I didn't plan to.

"Slutty?" She probed.

"Hey! That dress was a one off!" I protested, being brought back to reality with the aimed insult.

"Uh-huh..." she trailed off, walking to the far end of the wardrobe. My mind began to wander once more. I hated to admit it, but he scared me. Who was I kidding? He scared me shitless. But... something told me he would not hurt me. Not truly. Well, I knew he wouldn't kill me. And, safe with that unexplained knowledge, I had a plan forming. I smirked. Oh, this would be fun. I was going to make his life hell.

"Violet! Violet!" An exasperated voice called.

"Oh, sorry," I said, coming back to Earth with a jolt. She let out an exaggerated sigh, rolling her eyes.

"I said, what is your style then? I got everything," She smirked, gesturing at all the clothes around us.

"Erm, well I guess kinda emo. But... less random than emo. Lots of band-tees. And the occasional dress. Does that make sense?" I finished, even managing to confuse myself.

"Got-cha. Preppy-meets-emo-gone-punk." Lyla replied, grabbing clothes off the rails at her lightning speed. "Here, try these. There all your size, so they should keep you ticking over until we can get your stuff." She handed me about seven or eight different outfits, all in my style. She piled the bundle into my arms, and I walked into the washroom. I began stripping down, trying each outfit on, one by one. It was an assortment of skinny jeans, band-tees, hoodies, tank tops, short shorts, tight fitting stuff, mini-skirts and a dress or two.

As I changed, I called lazily through the door. "So, remind me why you can't get my stuff until next week?"

"Because we have to wait until the media hype dies down around your disappearance, otherwise its gonna look weird, if suddenly all your stuff goes missing from your house. Long as it escapes the press, we're good." She replied, as if she was repeating a well-rehearsed speech.

I groaned. "Are you sure its not just Kaspar, exacting his revenge?"

"Oh that too. Besides, do you know how hard it is to get six teenage boy equivalents to actually do anything like this? And darling, feel sorry for me, I have to go with them. Otherwise they wouldn't know what clothes to get, and they would deffo go through your bras."

"Pervs." I muttered.

"Tell me about it." Lyla replied. I started. I hadn't expected her to hear that.

I walked out of the washroom, my arms once more full of clothes.

"All good?" Lyla asked, turning as I walked out. I nodded.

"Are you sure you don't mind me borrowing all this? I mean"-

"Girl, you can keep them for all I care. Trust me; you are doing me a favour. I have way too many clothes."

"Thanks!" I beamed, this stuff must cost a fortune!

She handed me another two pairs of converse, and several scarves. "That will do you for a while." I walked into her bedroom. "You can hang around here for a bit, if you want. The boys can't be much fun," she said, smiling. I nodded gratefully, and dumped my stuff on her bed. Too right, the boys weren't much fun. I loved this room. Everything was hot pink and black, from her double bed to her curtains. I sat in silence for a while, watching Lyla attempt, yes attempt to tidy her room up. It wasn't working.