Chapter Five**

"It'll be out in a jiffy." The waitress at an old run down restaurant says to Dean. Sam comes striding in, talking on the phone. "Okay, great. Thanks Bobby." He says while sitting down then hanging up with him.

"What did he say?" Dean asks Sam.

"Pam is stable, she is in the ICU now."

"And blind, because of us." Dean adds.

"And we still have no clue who we are dealing with." I say to them, tossing a French fry into my mouth.

"That's not entirely true, We got a name. Castiel, or whatever. With the right mumbo-jumbo we could summon him, bring him right to us."

"You're crazy, absolutely not!" I say to Dean.

"We'll work him over. I mean, after what he did?

"Pam took a peek at him and her eyes burned out of her skull, and you want to have a face to face?" Sam says.

" You got a better idea?"

Sam sits back in silence. Dean looks back and forth between me and Sam, "I didn't think so."

*******************************************************************************

"Hey, I'm gonna go grab a burger, you want something?" Sam asks me. I look over at Dean who is passed out on the couch with a book resting on his legs.

"No, I think I'ma head to bed."

Sam nods his head and walks out the room. I get into my bed and just as I get comfortable, the television flicks on to the now-familiar static, and the radio starts whining as well. It wakes Dean, who rubs the sleep out of his eyes and rolls quickly to grab a shotgun lying by the bed. He looks around cautiously, glances at Sam's bed and then looks at me. I sit up quickly and look at Dean. The painfully high-pitched noise begins again, and Dean grabs his right ear, keeping the weapon up in his left hand. I hold up both my hands to my ears and yell for Dean. A mirror on the ceiling shatters and rains broken glass down on us. He crumples to the ground, clutching both ears as all the glass in the room shatters explosively. He screams.

"Dean!" I yell. I try to get up to get to him, but glass cuts into my feet and the ringing noise continues to pierce my ears.

"Ann!" He yells.

Suddenly, Bobby busts through the door.

"Dean! Ann!"

***************************************************************

"How you holding up?" Bobby asks Dean.

"Besides, the church bells ringing, peachy. Where in the hell did Sam go?"

"He said he was going to get a burger." I reply to him. Leaning back in the seat more.

"You should call him and tell him." Bobby says.

"No he will only get in the way."

"Way of what?" I ask.

"Summoning this thing. It's time we face this thing head on." 

"You can't be serious." I say leaning up, regardless of how much it hurt me.

"As a heart attack. It's high noon, baby."

"Well, we don't know what it is. It could be a demon, it could be anything. " Bobby says.

"That's why we've got to be ready for anything. " he pulls out Ruby's knife. " We've got the big-time magic knife, you've got an arsenal in the trunk...

"This is a bad idea." I say in a low voice. 

"Yeah, I couldn't agree more, but what other choice do we have? "

"We could choose life." Bobby replies. 

"Bobby, whatever this is, whatever it wants, it's after me. That much we know, right? I've got no place to hide. I can either get caught with my pants down again, or we can make our stand."

"Dean, we could use Sam on this."

"Nah, he's better off where he is."