3

"Alana, you're looking hot," Conner smiles at me, drowsily. I widen my eyes in shock, "Woah there - did you, Conner Walton, call me hot?"

Conner looks at me like he doesn't believe what I had just said, and then widens his eyes at Alaska, "Wh-what? Do you hear this Alaska?"

We're sitting down at the side, in the midst of Chris' stirring party and I have a red solo cup in hand. I'm not drunk though, I heard those words coming out of Conner's mouth.

Alaska smirks, taking a sip of her drink and raises her eyebrows, "Feeling something for the other Walton? That's twisted, even for you."

I throw my cup on the ground, spilling the leftover all over the ground, but the music is so loud that no one notices. "No! I heard it! I swear."

"Check again.." Conner jests. I hate how he finds this amusing because it's not! It really isn't.

I groan, ignoring his comment and in the corner of my eye, I catch Griffin's glance. He's standing with the group of guys that Conner usually hangs with. He quickly looks away and I groan again, getting back to what I was saying, "We all know that I have feelings for a certain someone and I'm not that messed up."

Conner nods jokingly, "Yeah, yeah sure."

Alaska sighs and drops her cup on the side of the table. "You know what?" She gives me her I-don't-know-what's-up smile and says, "I'll let you two figure that out.. alone." She turns around and begins to leave.

"Alaska!" I yell. "Are you fucking kidding me? You believe him? Don't leave me with him!" I run my fingers through my hair in irritation of his presence and the fact that Griffin is staring at us right now.

Okay, I admit - I had a crush on Conner at some point in freshman year. He was in ALL my classes, but that's how we became really good friends. I've never seen anything more than that in him, especially after Griffin and I were together. One thing they both do have in common is their appearance: inside and out. Their personalities are great, but I love Griffin.

"Jeez, you make it sound like I'm Griffin," he says, grinning like the freaking Cheshire cat.

"Aha, funny," I roll my eyes so much this time, they almost get stuck. "Speaking of which, he's right over there; if you haven't found him already. You should talk to him," he points out. "And by the way, I didn't call you hot. I was saying it was hot, as in the air.. for your information."

I nod, mockingly, "Sure, sure."

"As much as you probably wanted it to be true, it wasn't, so sorry to disappoint," he jokes, eyeing the drinks and his empty solo cup. I sarcastically pout my lips and say, "So disappointing."

Out of the randomness cup, he blurts, "So explain to me why we're flirting with each other?" I look at his senseless self, "Are you drunk?"

"No, are you?" He raises his eyebrows, in question. I shake my head, but then he asks, "Want more drinks?"

I nod not saying anything because I'm too distracted by Griffin. Why couldn't he just become ugly?Then a little voice inside of me says, 'because he just doesn't work like that.' And then I growl at myself, waiting for Conner.

Where's Lea? Wait! I already know that answer and let's not talk about that. Where's Virginia or Brynn? They're probably getting high somewhere.. Alaska left me on purpose..probably using that excuse to go to Sage, her boyfriend. That leaves me with Conner; which we should be dancing our asses off but we're not which is out of the ordinary.