Chapter Eight: Upside Down

Dipper's POV

I slept on the couch on the porch that night. I can't believe I just blew up at Wendy, but it's just so easy to do now that I'm a teen. And I had a perfectly good reason! She still thinks that age matters so much, but now that the shoes on the other foot, she'll notice how hard it is for a prepubescent boy to not love such a beautiful teenage girl.

When I woke up, I had a back pain like you wouldn't believe. The old couch on the porch was definitely for sitting only. I stood up and walked into the Shack to grab some breakfast, when I ran into her (him?).

Wendy went crashing to the ground now that she's so short. I was barely even affected.

"Oh, I'm sorry Wendy!" I said. I offered my hand to help her up, and laughed internally at what I saw. She (who looks like Dipper) looked at my hand and got red in the face. She totally just blushed! I still helped her up anyway, and we walked to the kitchen together. There was no mention of the awkward blush again.

We grabbed a quick bowl of cereal, and while we were eating I felt something in my pocket. I took it out. It was Wendy's phone. I looked at Dipper (aka Wendy in Dippers body) with a sly smile and wiggled my eyebrows before opening the phone to read the texts. I must've slept through some because there were four different messages on the screen.

Robbie: I cry in the rain so my tears can't be seen.

Tambry: hey, we're going to the mall today. okay?

Robbie: oops, I didn't mean to send you that. I'm just working on a new song for my band. I'm lead guitar, no biggy.

Robbie: the song is about you, btw. Take me back ;(

I laugh at the texts.

"What? I wanna see!" Wendy says

"Now now, isn't it rude to read someone's personal text messages?" I mock Wendy

"Then why are you reading mine?" She (he?) asks

"Ugh, fine." I hand the phone to Wendy.

"You're such a teenager now. Woah, sweet a mall day!" She says

"Did you read the others? From Robbie? How pathetic" I reply

"No, I just ignore his messages. But, hey, don't be judging Robbie so hard. He's in the same situation as you, just he's an appropriate age. He just has an inappropriate approach for communicating his feelings." Wendy replies

"Are you actually comparing me to Robbie?" I ask, disgusted

"He's got the age factor, you've got the personality factor. But, you can't have one without the other in my eyes." She replies

"Unbelievable. Well I'm off to the mall. Have fun longing to find friends and things to do in this sleepy town as a 12 year old." I say

"Hold up. You're actually going to the mall? Can't I come?" Wendy asks

The phone buzzes again.

Tambry: we need to talk about crushes

I look back at Wendy (who is now Dipper)
"definitely not" I reply.

I meet Tambry in the food court of the Gravity Falls Mall. I'm nervous that I'll blow my cover, but I needed to get on Wendy's nerves as much as possible, but I don't know why.

"Hey, Tambrs!" I greet

"Don't call me that. Okay so you know why we're here. We need to try on clothes that we won't buy, and talk about boys while doing so!"