Chapter 10: Solution

Dipper's POV

I wake up the next morning to find Wendy (who looks like me) laying next to me... very close. I begin to get uncomfortable and shake her awake.

"Huh? Where am I?" she asks. I laugh,

"You're in my room, now come on! We have to find a way to get back into our normal bodies!" I tell her. She sits up super fast and begins to get dressed. I receive a text from Tambry as she does so.

Tambry: Any luck figuring out your feelings towards Dipper?

I unlock Wendy's phone and am about to reply when I see the texts they had exchanged before the body swap. In fact, it was the night she had told me our ages were too different to overlook. I begin to read with wide eyes at what I've discovered.

Wendy: Hey Tambry, can I talk to you?

Tambry: Sure, what's up?

W: well remember how I told you that I thought that kid Dipper likes me?

T: yes

W: well he kinda confessed today and I turned him down because of the age difference like you had suggested

T: good girl!

W: but...

T: ?

W: I kinda feel like I return the feelings. Is that bad? Well wrong I guess?

T: oh Wendy, dude you should've just told him the truth. You don't want to go and change your mind so suddenly.

W: the only reason I turned him down was because of how other's would view us and our age gap, but I don't care about their shitty views anyway.

T: Well, I would at least wait until next summer. Just try to pretend like you do care about the age gap. I think it'd be bad to break his heart and then change your mind so quickly. He'd think that your guy's relationship would be very flexible and you don't want that. You want a controlled relationship, right?

W: Ya, I guess. Thank you

T: np :) just hang in there until next year!

I look up from the phone in shock. She liked me this whole time? But she had consulted Tambry and they both agreed it'd be best to wait on our relationship until our ages were closer... We could've worked out after all.

I hear someone clear their throat behind me and turn quickly. Wendy, in my body, is staring down at the messages from over my shoulder and glancing at me.

"W-wendy, I-I didn't mean to... it's just that, it was here and now-" she cuts me off

"Save it, we're even now. I read the stuff in your box and you read my messages," she says

"Ya, I guess." I reply before leaving some silence, "hey Wendy?"

"Ya?" she replies

"Did you really mean what you said to Tambry? That you returned the feelings?" she looks at me with red cheeks and a wide-eyed expression

"I-I, um, ya. I did," she says.

Before I can ask anything else, I hear Mabel stir in her sleep.

"Can we go somewhere private? Just to be sure there aren't any twin sisters listening?" I ask

She agrees and we are about to climb the ladder to the roof when we hear thunder and see a flash outside the window. It then begins to poor.

"Well, the living room is usuall-" I'm cut off when I hear Stan turn on the TV in the living room. I sigh before Wendy has an idea

"How about the room that caused this whole mess in the first place?" She asks

I agree and we walk back to the hidden room in the shack. Once we arrive, I sit on the couch and a cloud of dust surrounds me. I get grossed out and sit on the carpet, and pat a seat next to me for her.

"So, uh," I begin while she sits, "I, um,"

"Dipper, I'm sorry okay? I was paranoid about the ways people would view us because of our age gap. I was too scared to take a risk and change the ways of modern society and I denied my feelings by doing so. I hurt you which I will never forgive myself for, and I- I'm sorry" she says

I look down at her, because she's so short right now still being me and all, and smile.

"Wendy, I found out you like me today! I could never be sad. And I know you and Tambry were freaking out about you changing your mind so fast and seeming easily persuadable but I honestly don't care. In my eyes, you never did change your mind. You always liked me, and that's what matters. And I realize that our age gap would be very awkward for you, especially because you're both the older and the taller one. But I'm fine with waiting until next year if that's what you want. But until then, we could still have a private relationship, if that's okay with you?" I ask her

She smiles up at me and says "that's exactly what I want"

I smile back, and begin to do the unthinkable. I start to lean in, and she does too. It's a little strange since we're both in the other's body but we continue anyway. We come in contact in what is my first kiss, and I begin to feel electricity between us. At first, I feel as though it's from the kiss. However, once we break apart it becomes apparent that there was another factor.

"Wait, Wendy! You're you! And I'm me!" I say with joy, now being back in my own body. She smiles at me

"Finally! Now let's get out of this room before anything else happens!"

We walk towards the door and open it to find Mabel standing outside.

"So, how'd it go?" Mabel asks. I blush as I realize that Mabel had overheard our whole conversation. Wendy laughs and says "does this answer your question?" I look up at her, confused, before she pulls me into another kiss. One where we aren't kissing ourselves. I smile as I can't imagine how life could get any better, and close my eyes while Mabel takes pictures for her scrapbook.

The End.

Sorry for the long gap since updating but

a) I've been super busy and

b) I had no idea where to take this story.

It's been bugging me that it's been unfinished so I went ahead and wrapped it up! I hope you enjoyed the ending! Remember to follow, like, and spread the word about my fanfics! Thanks!

-Gravity_Falls_Secret