ashton

the spaces between us, keep getting deeper

i sighed, scrolling through my instagram feed. it was mostly filled with squad pictures i wasn't featured in.

  once luke left, i soon began to realize i basically have no friends besides kelly and colleen. since they mostly hang out with their other girl friends, i was starting to get a little lonely.

 i stopped scrolling when i saw luke had posted something. the picture was of him and a rather attractive guy who had chocolaty tones in his hair. the caption read, "seb <3".

 confused, i pressed on this seb guy's profile. his full name was sebastian, hence seb for short. he had a lot of artsy pictures, and a lot of them included luke. the more i looked at his profile, the more confused i got. 

luke on a bridge, luke at the big ben, luke in a telephone box, luke at the mall.

 luke, luke, luke. 

my luke.

now angry, i pressed on luke's profile. before the picture with sebastian, he had not posted since he was still in l.a with me. the picture before his most recent one was him in the mall. he had since deleted the picture of him and i holding hands. quickly filling with jealousy, i dialled luke's number which i had memorized. he didn't pick up. i called again.

"what the fuck luke," is the first thing i said when he'd picked up.

"what?" he asked me oh so innocently.

but i knew better.

"seriously. you have the audacity to cheat on me. what the fuck." i said, shaking with anger. my hand was holding the phone so tightly, my knuckles were turning a pasty white.

"i swear to god, i am not cheating on you ashton." he said, and i could hear the emotion in his voice.

"it seems to me sebastian and you are getting along fairly well." i said in disgust.

the line went quiet.

"ash, we're just close friends, you know i would never."

more silence.

"i can't right now luke okay? i don't have time to be in a relationship with someone who clearly doesn't love me." 

"i do love you ashton, so don't even jump to conclusions." he uttered out, on the verge of tears.

taking a deep breath, i managed to say what i knew was coming.

"you may love me, but obviously not as much as you love seb." i spat out and hung up.

wiping the tears of frustration from eyes, i took deep breaths. 

i did the right thing, i did the right thing.

plugging in some earbuds into my phone, i pressed play on Drown by Bring Me the Horizon and looked forward at the blank wall, tears welling into my eyes. 

FACT YOU MAY WANT TO KNOW: this is the FINAL chapter of this book!!! wowowow. 

please don't hate me :3

if you guys want, i will make a sequel, just comment. if i get at least 1 comment asking me to make a sequel, i will. so yup. comment, favourite, and all that jazz.

-juliann (moonlightdrives)