Chapter 10: Assigned Job

Previously with Elyssa:

BANG! He shot, and she felt pain sprout on the outer side of her leg. It was impossible to ignore the feeling of her blood seeping out of her like she was a faucet. She was going to die. No, she WAS dying.

But then, right as she was beginning to give up on hope, she heard a voice. "Congratulations. You passed the test."
***

ELYSSA AWOKE TO HOSPITAL NOISES, AND THE SMELL OF SANITATION. Heart beating, she pushed herself upwards onto the support of her hands to look at her surroundings.

She was in a hospital nightgown, and sitting on a hospital bed. Looking around, she spotted the nearest person. "Hello? Are you awake?"

A groan was sounded. "Of course I wasn't. That's why my eyes were closed and I was snoring!" he said sarcastically.

"Sorry. How long have you been here?"

"I don't know. When I woke up for the first time two days ago, you were here."

"Two days ago? So I've been asleep for more than two days. Great." They were both silent for a little while. "What's your name? Mine's Elyssa."

"Last name's Peterson. You can call me Peter if you'd prefer. I'd be happy with that."

"And what did you do that ended you up in the hospital, Peter?"

"Arm got shot. You?"

"I was shot in the leg."

Peter gasped. "Gosh, that probably hurt a lot. How're you feeling?"

"Just a headache. Actually, other than the headache, I feel better than fine. It's weird."

"Stand up. Maybe you can walk and get out of this dump."

With trembling legs, Elyssa stood up. She expected to collapse, but she ended up doing quite the opposite. Her legs were strong and sturdy underneath her, and she felt like a horse that could run mile on top of mile, tirelessly.

"Go," Peter commanded. "and bring me back some good, normal tasting, food."

Elyssa scurried out of the hospital doors and hurried over to her room, which was part of the connected building. She fell asleep right next to Theo, relaxed and at home once again.

In the morning, when she woke up, Theo was already gone. And Edmund was nowhere in sight.

She creeped out the door, finding her way to the cafeteria. She planned on getting some breakfast before the big day.

After she was well into being situated, she spotted Gwen, who sat down by her. "I haven't seen anybody familiar all day," Elyssa ranted. "I have no idea what Theo's doing, but that's normal. I want to know where Edmund is, though. I haven't seen him all morning!"

Gwen gulped down her orange juice quickly, trying not to choke. "Edmund? Your roommate is Edmund?"

"Um... Is that a bad thing?"

Gwen ignored her. "Is he the pretty boy with brown hair and blue eyes? About an inch taller than me? The nice one?"

"Pretty boy?" Elyssa laughed. "I don't know about that! And nice? Depends on what your definition is. But yes, he is brown haired, blue eyed, and slightly on the shorter side."

A Paradox Realityजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें