[Real Accidents]

(Beau's P. O. V.)

Mum was in hysterics as she scrambled for her car keys and coat.

I was more of in a state of shock, and none of it felt real. I slipped my shoes on, and went to wait at the front door. What more could I do?

Luke came running down the stairs moments later, and Jai was hot on his heels. They both came to stand beside me, and I felt Jai slip his hand into mine.

"Boys go ahead and get in the car. I'm gonna grab some blankets, because we might be there all night." Our mum said as she went to go grab what she needed.

I opened the front door, and then the three of us made our way to the car. It was our mum's car, and Uncle Theo's car was no where in sight which meant, that perhaps all this was real?

I sat in the passengers seat, and Luke and Jai say in the back. We waited for a few minutes before my mum rushed into the car with a bunch of stuff in her arms. She tossed the blankets in my lap, and she placed her purse on the floor by my feet as well. Usually I would be irritated at the fact that she was practically suffocating me with everything, but I knew not to stress her out any further.

She began to speed out of the driveway, and then she raced towards the said hospital that Uncle Theo was at. I turned around towards the back seats, and I saw that Luke and Jai were both buckled up and holding hands.

Was all this real? Is this really happening?

We eventually passed by the car accident scene, and the mangled mess of metal cars was definitely the most horrific thing to see. We saw flashing lights all over the place, and we heard sirens everywhere, but we knew Uncle Theo wasn't there. No, he was at the hospital.

Though, if he weren't here at the scene at the moment, then none of this could be real right? Surely Uncle Theo couldn't really be at the hospital.

Minutes, or maybe seconds, later we arrived at the hospital. We all piled out of the car, and ran inside towards the receptionist.

"My brother was brought in a few minutes ago. He was in a car accident." My mum said to the female receptionist. The lady began typing on her computer, and then soon she said,

"What's his name?"

"Theodore." My mother was now impatiently tapping her fingers on the desk.

"Got it. He's currently in surgery right now, but if you wait in the waiting room we'll call you when he's ready for family visitors." She said to us.

Surgery? Man this is one realistic dream.

My mum began shaking, and then tears began to stream down her face. Luke took her by the hand, and then he led her over to the waiting room area. Jai and I followed, and again I felt his hand slip into my own.

My mum sat between Luke and I, and she began to cry much harder than before. Jai didn't sit down, no he stood in front of our mother because he wanted to be closer to her at the moment.

My mother then reached out and grabbed Jai by his waist. She pulled him onto her lap, and despite the fact that he was sixteen years old, she held him tightly in her arms as he rested his head on her shoulder. She sobbed, and I felt my heart crack in half.

Maybe all this was real?

Luke and I watched with tear filled eyes as our mother held our youngest brother and cried. It was truly heartbreaking, especially when we remained in that position for hours.

"Family for Theodore Brooks?" A nurse called after a while.

We all stood up rather quickly, and then we made our way over towards her. Jai was holding my hand yet again, and Luke spoke up and asked,

"Is he okay?"

"I've been told to bring you all back into his room as soon as possible." She said solemnly.
That's not a good sign. This dream keeps getting more and more realistic!

We all then followed her back to the recovery rooms. We walked for quite a while, because Uncle Theo's room was near the back of the hospital and from the rumors I heard as a kid, the back of the hospital was for the people in the worst conditions.

As we continued walking, another nurse suddenly turned in front of us with a lot of papers and notes in her hands. She wasn't paying attention to where she was going, so that resulted in her running into Jai (who was also not paying attention to who or what was in front of him), and they both tumbled onto the ground.

There was a loud thud when Jai hit his head on the wall beside him, and the nurse who he had run into was cradling her left wrist that had tried to break her fall. My mother gasped, and then she ran to Jai's aid.

"Goodness Jai are you alright? Do you have a headache? Or u-um do you think you could have a headache?" She asked as she checked the back of his head for a bump or knot.

"I'm fine mum. Is she okay?" Jai asked as he looked over to the nurse on the ground beside him.

"I'm alright as well. Nothing serious, but please forgive me. I didn't mean to run into-" She was on the verge of tears before Jai interrupted her and said,

"It's alright. It was an accident." He smiled at her, and she smiled a small smile in return.

Luke then went over to Jai and helped him up. My mother was still uncertain about his condition, though all the while I was stuck on a specific word that Jai said.

Accident.

"C'mon guys. Let's go see Uncle Theo." Luke said as he insisted for the other nurse to continue and lead the way. We all began to follow the first nurse again, and that stupid word was now projected all over my mind.

Accident. Accident. Accident. Accident. Accident.

But accidents happen in dreams don't they? Yes of course they do! So this must be a dream.

When we finally made it to Uncle Theo's hospital room, the nurse told us to wait outside the room until a doctor came to speak with us. We agreed, though not happily because we were all extremely anxious.

"Man this is one crazy dream. When's it gonna end?" I sighed as I ran a hand over my face. Luke gave me a confused look, but then he asked me,

"Beau what time is it?" It was a random question, but I looked around for a clock until I saw one on the wall across from us.

"Eleven forty-five." I shrugged. Shouldn't the time be the least of his worries? I mean I know this is all a crazy dream, but c'mon the time should not be a main concern.

"You do realize that you can't tell time in a dream right? The numbers would be too blurry, continuously changing, or making absolutely no sense. Beau this is real." Luke said to me with worried eyes.

"No it can't be. Uncle Theo couldn't have been in a car accident. Accidents rarely happen! Accident's don't happen to innocent people like Uncle Theo. There's no way!" I scoffed, shaking my head in disbelief. I assumed Jai had overheard Luke and I's conversation, because he then turned to me and said,

"Accidents happen all the time, they can happen to absolutely anybody, and they are very very real."

So it's true.

I'm not dreaming.

Uncle Theo really might not be coming home.

****************

Soooooo what do you guys think? Is Uncle Theo gonna be okay?

All the love xx♥︎