Blind

I was in a black and endless void. Nobody could hear me, see me or touch me in this space I was trapped in. I wanted to escape so badly. I wanted to scream out for help. But I had been like this before and so knew there was no help to save myself from the loneliness in the void. So I did the only thing I knew how to. Cry.

I heard the outside world I longed to return to and felt the warmth of the hospital bed surrounding and cradling my body in the real world. But I wasn't in the real world. I was stuck in my mind. Locked in a coma which I didn't know how to get out of. All that I knew to do was wait and let the world pass by me.

It felt like a year and I finally heard something new, a voice, whimpering. Not the most assuring thing but it was something.

"TAISHIRO WAKE UP!!!" A voice begged me, it was my mother's. I tried and began shouting to her. "I-I'm trying mom!" she didn't hear me and only replied with more sobbing. I felt something rumble below me and heard a loud and destructive boom something was happening in the outside world. A terrorist attack? A war? An earthquake?

My questions weren't to be simply answered.

I felt my body being lifted by some wet warm hands, I wanted to scream at them asking what was going on but I was muted to the outside world. My scream would echo around the place, it rung around my ears. I heard gravel below me. We were outside and we were going rather fast to somewhere. I heard a light thump of a car door and an engine firing up and i felt the light bumping over the concrete. We were driving away.

From What!?

Fear encompassed my whole mind and I was begging myself permission out of the darkness and into the light of the world. Permission was surely denied.

I was crying, screaming, yelling to see what was going on but all that were to return to me was my hopelessness and growing anger.

We came to a sudden halt and the back of my head throbbed. I heard screaming for mercy.

"PLEASE! NO! YOU CANT!" My mother begged and then whimpered as I heard a loud smack. I wanted to smack them back but I couldn't. I was trapped in the hell of which was my coma.