-*Ping*-

I shot awake after an ear piercing scream for mercy. I was back, I could see, the world was no longer a confusing and dead black. It was its giant array of colours...

But so much of it was infected with crimson red.

"....Mom?" I heard a young whimper. I tried to move but I ached so much. I moved my upper torso but the rest of my body was pressed down. I heard her whimper. "T-taishiro?" she asked obviously on the brink of tears. I extended my purple, scarred hand. She grabbed it without hesitation making it ache even more but I didn't care. As long as my sister was okay and she was comfortable as possible, I didn't care what was going on for me. I never did because I knew how much of a burden I was on my little sister's life.

Summer after summer, she'd have to play outside alone due to my hayfever threatening to clog up my throat. Winter after winter, she'd struggle to make a snowman before the snow melted. That or she couldn't go outside because my parents were both out working and I couldn't go out with her to make sure she was safe.

I nodded moving some rubble and glass out of my hair. I felt a tug on my arm. My little sister was trying to get me out.

"S-sayuri! S-stop! Y-you'll hurt yourself!" I wheezed trying to get my hand from her grip, but it all failed, her hand was so determined and very tight when she wanted something no matter the situation. I was always too weak to say no to her brown little sparkling eyes when she begged me to stay up a few minutes later than she was supposed to, or when she wanted a small candy when she had a nightmare.

"But they're coming!" Sayuri protested tears in her eyes and fire in her heart. I had pain filled tears in my eyes too. I wanted her to let go of me and run from whatever she was so scared about. But she didn't. She ran out of energy soon enough and was panting, wheezing, coughing in her hopelessness. I touched her soft cheek and gave her a smile.

"J-just go Sayuri... I'll be okay..." She looked at me with her starry begging eyes but for once I could say no to them. I pushed her chest violently "GO SAYURI!" I commanded her. She whimpered and shook her head.
"NO! I-I'm never leaving you Taishiro! I never ever will! Never again!" She protested. I screamed at her.
"GO YOU IDIOT! RUN GET OUT OF HERE! WHATEVER IT IS YOU'RE TRYING TO FREE ME FROM FORGET IT! LEAVE ME!" I begged her stuttering in my tears which fled down my cheeks. "GO SAYURI!"

*PinG*

My sister drew a long stuttered and terrified breath as a fine wire penetrated her spine. I didn't know what was going on I was still in a frightened daze frantically looking for an explanation of which nobody gave me.

I saw her tears suddenly stop. Like a tap. Her life was turned off. Her pupil became a cross and the glassy shine of her eyes had gone. I was shivering again. The last source of warmth in my life gone. Sayuri, my delicate flower in the winter, spring, summer an winter. Was gone.