Chapter One

Effie stepped off the train at district 12 like she has done many times before but, it was always daunting  stepping out in to that plain white empty platform covered with peacekeepers ready to pounce if needed. Effie cleared her throat and held her head high as she walked towards the end of the platform where a big black jeep car was waiting to take her to the square, that famous square that changed lives forever.
Effie watched out of the window as the empty vast Forrest came into view and flashed by as they headed towards the small town of District 12.
The car came crashing to a halt and nearly send Effie flying " excuse me there is a lady on board" Effie snapped.
A peacekeeper got out and held the door open for Effie as she wiggled her way out of the car and placed her high heels on district 12 soil.
She looked round at the bland empty square which would soon be filled with the masses of district 12 and their fate would be in her hands.
Effie walked up the steps of the mayors building and walked through the double doors that were held open by peacekeepers, that are around at every corner.
Effie prepared herself for the reaping by going over and over her usual speech. Soon it is time for the people of 12 to reveal their fate.

Effie walks  confidently on to the stage "Welcome, happy hunger games and may the odds be ever in your favour, but we will start with a film from the capitol" a film begins to show how all the hunger games started and who it was started by.

Effie takes this moment to look around at the possible tributes somewhere as young as 10, they were just babies beginning their lives where as others were in their early 50's.
Effie glances at Haymitch the only remaining male victor of district 12. Haymitch could feel someone's eyes glancing at him so he averted  his gaze to meet the ice blue eyes of one other than Effie trinket. Effie held the gaze for a split second before she looked away and regained her composure.
" I just love that" Effie says as the film ends

"Right time has come to pick our tributes that will be representing district 12, as always ladies first" Effie walks over to the large bowl that contains everybody's name in district 12. Effie digs her hand in to the bowl and then pulls out a small folded piece of paper and opens the paper to see that it is actually empty.

Everybody's eyes are on Effie waiting for their name to be called but nothing is called out. Everyone watches as Effie heads to the bowl containing the boy's names and again she pulls out a piece of paper and once again it is also empty which is odd.

"welcome tributes....we welcome you to the 75th hunger games the third quarter quell , this year it is going to be entirely different  because  this year's tributes will be reaped from the pool of  existing  victors from districts from 1-12 and district 12's victor is the one and only  haymitch  who we all know won the 62nd hunger games. We have decided to have all the escorts to play their part in the hunger games and representing district 12  will be the lovely Effie Trinket,  may the odds be ever in your favour" President Snow says before his voice is disconnected and everyone stares in silence.

"No ......no...You can't do this" Effie mumbles under her breath as she rushes towards the double doors  to exit only to be held back by the peacekeepers.

"Haymitch, I can't do this" Effie rushes over to Haymitch who is staring in to space after hearing he will be in the next hunger games but he won't be alone he will be with the ghastly Capitol show pony Effie Trinket .
" I can't do this Haymitch I can't" Effie mumbles as she paces backwards and forwards.
" No you'll be fine as long as that big flapping mouth" Haymitch pointed to her mouth " doesn't start doing that" Haymitch gestures with his hands that she talks a lot  " and you don't put that get up on top of it and work hard in practice" Haymitch says rather cockily.
" excuse me, I almost forgot how rude you are until that" Effie mimics Haymitch " started flapping and reeking of booze" Haymitch smirked.

" look how feisty you've gotten since you been away" Haymitch said in a sarcastic manner.
2 peacekeepers made their way over to haymitch and Effie and began to push them in to the big building where they will be separated and aloud  to have a few moments before they board the train to the capitol.

Effie sat down in one of the chairs and just stayed there the whole time staring at the floor hardly believing her father would do this to her p, his own daughter. This has to be a mistake it just had to be and Effie was going to find out the moment she stepped off the train.
(Hi guys this is my first every hunger games fanfiction and I hope you will like it. It's going to be a hayffie fanfiction. I hope you will like reading this story and if so please vote or comment that would be great. Thanks well enjoy)