Chapter Two

Effie and Haymitch boarded the train which they had done so many times with district 12 tributes but this time it was different as they were now the tributes of district 12.
Effie and Haymitch made their way into the lounge area of the train to see that Katniss and Peta were on board the train.
" how did you get on here so quickly" Effie said feeling slightly relieved that Katniss and Peta were going to be with her instead of just being her and Haymitch she didn't know how much longer she was going to last being in the presence of an rude alcoholic much longer.
"I don't know how I am going to cope with this" Effie said as she sunk down on to one of the chairs.
"What happened to your posture my dear Effie" Haymitch said mimicking Effie's Capitol accent.
"Really Haymitch? Talk about a good time to kick me when I am already down" Effie said glaring him.
"We are actually going to be with you the whole time and I am going to get you sponsors so don't worry" Peta said as he looked at his former escort and seeing her in a new light, exposed and raw.
The train ride to the capitol was a quiet one as everyone sat and ate their dinner not knowing what to say so they all headed to bed and promised tomorrow would be different.
Effie tossed and turned all night as she had her own room and king size bed which wasn't the same without something or someone to snuggle up to or to hold her tight.
Effie carefully climbed out her rather large king size bed and grabbed her dressing gown and quietly crept out of her room and slowly past haymitch's room and slowly walked down into the cart hoping it would be empty but luck wasn't on her side today obviously.
She walked in to see Haymitch sitting in the dark looking out the window with a half empty bottle of whiskey in his hand.
She watched him for a few seconds, he looked so peaceful " can't sleep?" Effie said announcing her presence.
"I thought once I won the games that would be it and I could live my broken life and slowly price it back together. And now that I nearly have pieced it back together. The Capitol and game makers they certainly have a habit of knowing how to break people hearts and ruin lives just when they slowly began to heal" Effoe was taken back she had never seen this soft and broken side to Haymitch. yes she knew or thought he was already broken and that there was never away to get him back.
" I'm sorry Haymitch....I really am" I say softly as I sit down next to him and we sit in silence as she watch the train speed steadily past what I guess is district 4. So we were already pretty close to home or shall I say my former home.

The second day to the capitol went by very quickly and before they knew it they were at the capitol disembarking the train to only be greeted by a huge and over enthusiastic crowd of people who were cheering and taking pictures.
"So this is why Madame is like she is" Haymitch said as he stood and looked at the people of the capitol who were covered head to toe in colours and way over the top and not one bit of dullness to be seen.
" Effie..ms Trinket" one reported said rushing over to Effie with his camera men in tow.
" how does it feel to be the first ever escort to be reaped for district 12? which we all know full well isn't your home?" Effie stood up straight and turned on her Capitol charm " I for one am shocked that this is how we treat our innocent escorts who have done nothing but respect the capitol and president snow. And what do we get in return for our respect? We are thrown into the hunger games so to answer your question I am just ecstatic" Effie said sarcastically before she stormed off.
they walked along the of the train platform where they followed Effie who knew where she as going so, they made their way to where they will be staying which was a rather tall colourful building and made their way to 12 floor as they were from district 12 so they got the pent house apartment which was the only good thing about being from district 12.
As soon as they stepped into the pent house they were greeted by a tall dark haired lady who confidently walked over to them and introduced herself.
"Hi I am Hope and I will be another mentor and escort, I have to say that it is such as huge honour to meet you all And I am a huge fan" Hope held out her hand which no one took so she withdrew it and run her hand through her hair nervously not sure what to say next.
"I am sorry about my rude tributes , Hi I'm Peta and this is Katniss and I am hoping to work with you to get my former mentor and escort some sponsors" Hope was pleased that someone was talking to her even if it was a a young lad.
"Alright that's a deal, let's get your tributes some sponsors" Hope held her hand up to which Peta high fived and Katniss and Haymitch rolled their eyes.
"Ok Effie and Haymitch , we need to get you down to the opening ceremony , come on lets go" Hope clapped her hands together to gesture that it was time to go.
"She is worse than you and that's saying something" Haymitch whispered to Effie who shoved him in the ribs.
"Manners Effie" Haymitch loved to wind Effie up.
"You're so funny Haymitch I nearly split my sides laughing" Effie said sarcastically.
A head of Haymitch and Effie were Peta and Hope who heard Haymitch and Effie arguing.
"Are they always like that?" Hope asked Peta who nodded " pretty much " and Katniss rolled her eyes as she heard them arguing.
Once they reached the makeup /dressing room Haymitch and Effie were separated into separate rooms. Effie walked into her makeup /dressing room with Katniss closely behind. Effie saw that she had Cinna her good friend who always worked with her and dressed Katniss in amazing outfits which complemented her and made the best dresses out all the other designers.
"Cinna" Effie said in a rather singsong voice
"Effie, I am so sorry I watched the reaping and I was completely shocked" Cinna pulled Effie into a huge hug which brought a single tear to slip down her cheek, she quickly wiped it away when Cinna pulled out of the hug.
"Thank you, I am so glad to see you" Effie smiled and sat down
"Oh I am sorry this is my Team this is Hope and you know Katniss of course " Effie said as she saw Hope sitting on a leather sofa in the corner next to Katniss.
"Hi girl on fire, hope, I'm Cinna and I am the clothing designer and a very good friend of Effie's here " Cinna said politely with a bright smile.
"Hi "Hope said cheerfully
"Right, well to be honest Effie you are not from district 12 but, I still want to put you in something to do with coal mining" Cinna was waiting for Effie's outburst of disagreement but nothing came.
"Alright , I trust you Cinna and you know what to do to make the people happy because I am now just part of their sick game now and they will mould me into whatever they want" Effie did not sound like herself which frightened Cinna but he knew Effie needed encouragement.
"what a load of rubbish Effie , you are still the one and only Effie Trinket and nothing will ever change that and no matter how much they will try to push you or mould you into one of them, you are still my dearest friend and I love you" Effie was taken back by Cinna's sudden outburst. Hope caught Cinna's eye and gave him a wink which he understood to mean well done Effie needed to hear that.
"I love you too Cinna's" Effie managed

Meanwhile in Haymitch's room he was greeted by Harlow a slim blonde with huge bambi eyes which she made even bigger with the huge false lashes.
"Hi there I am Harlow your makeup artist/ Clothe designer " she announced cheerfully to Haymitch who could not care one bit.
" woah easy there princess" Haymitch said glancing down at Harlow who was already measuring haymitch's inside leg.
"As much as I am enjoying this can we just get this done I've got an interview to do and serious plans to down a bottle of whiskey with my name on it until I pass out in the apartment alright sweetheart"
Harlow nodded and went to work on haymitch not bothering to talk because he clearly did not want to talk or even be here.
( sorry this chapter was pretty naff but it will be getting better and I have to say I do apologise for grammar mistakes but the blooming predictive text on my iPad changes things and I don't notice until I publish the chapters)