Is she okay?

Before they prep Jessica for surgery, Danny kneels beside her bed.
"Danny, I'm scared." She says with tears in her eyes.
"I know you are baby.  Everything's gonna be okay.. I know it will."
"It's just crazy how two weeks ago I thought I was pregnant and I was upset about it... and now.. I may never have kids again.  How do things change so fast?  I just wish I was pregnant now." She cries.
"Jessica that's not what they said.  They're gonna make you all better, baby.  And in the future we'll have many more beautiful beautiful babies." He smiles and fights back tears.
"I love you, Danny." She says as a tear falls.
He wipes her face and squeezes her hand, "I love you too, Babydoll." He kisses her cheek.

***

While Jessica's in surgery, Danny calls Sarah to tell her what's going on then sits in the waiting room.

He rests his elbows on his knees and holds his head.

Why are we back here with her?  I hate seeing my baby like this.. In pain and weak.
God please wrap your arms around her and heal her.  Please let everything come back okay and there be no damage to her ovary.  Please bless us with many more healthy beautiful children.  Amen.

***

"Mr. Huston." The doctor comes out and Danny jumps up.
"Is she okay?!" He walks like he's going to the back.
The doctor stops him and says, "She's fine, everything's okay!"
"Really?"
"Yes, they're bringing her to recovery right now."
"Can I see her?"
"Sure.  She's still a little out of it but it'll wear off."
"Alright.  Thank you so much."

***

Danny sits beside her and holds her hand.
"Danny..." She says in a weak voice with her eyes half closed.
"Yes baby?"
"What did they say?  Can I have more babies?"
"Yes sweetheart.  Everything is fine.  It's perfect.. You're perfect." He smiles and caresses his thumb on her forehead.
"How are my babies?  Have you checked on them?"
"Yes.  They're fine, Sarah's got it.  Just go to sleep and get some rest." He kisses her forehead.
"I love you Danny."
"I love you too gorgeous." He smiles.

Danny stays beside her bed and watches her sleep.
He watched her chest fall with every breath she took.  The way she crinkled her nose and puckered her lips in her sleep made him smile.
He just couldn't take his eyes off of her.